Wisdom Teeth

Zorro

I am in a state of shock today after the dentist told me that i have to have three wisdom teeth out because they are causing all sorts of problems....one is impacted and infected.

He said he would do it under a local one at a time.

That thought horrifies me.

My question is ....Would i be better off asking for all of them to be done at once under a general anaesthetic?

Is this done in Thailand and what would be the cost approximately?

Appreciate any help.

OK,

if youre insured, then its a different thing.

I got a wisdomtooth pulled last year in Bkk. The tooth had grown completely out, but it irritated me.

I got it pulled for 120 Baht at a local dentist with locally used novocaine.

No insurance, no problem.

Taken out years ago, Zorro?

Odd since they should be pulled out in pairs unless one of them hasn't fully erupted yet, but that wouldn't take years though.

Anyway, if you want to trash your problem then knock all 3 down at once. Easy :)

Of course big fancy hospitals charge a lot more, but smaller clinics can do the same job and offer the same service for a much lower price.

I think foreigners (tourists) are a bit hesitant to step into such clinics perhaps because they believe such dental clinics aren't up to standard. Not as hygenic (or safe) as hospitals..? And / or expect hospital staff to speak decent English opposed to those in a smaller clinic?

I'd be interested to get some feedback on that.

The 2 clinics I was talking about are both fancier looking than average, one of them quite new too (but both in Thai neighbourhoods). The dentist in the clinic I used can speak English (ok, it is better at Dental Hospital). My experiences with hygiene and safety at Thai dentists are quite good.

BTW There seems to be one big difference between dentists here and my home country:

The dentist I mentioned once checked my ex gf's teeth and concluded: "No cavities, no fillings necessary." I once went to Bumrungrad for a filling, the doctor said there was no filling necessary and sent me home - free of charge. This is something dentists in my home country would not do.

Archived