Closingtime back to 2.am?!?!?!

Man at Work

Just got the news, that the closingtime will be set back to 2.00 AM from this weekend on. The Tourist Association seems to have intervened continously, so there is a tryout period (only for BKK?????) for one month.

If drugrelated incidents and youth accidents do not increase in this period, the new rule will be indefinitely.

New hope for us punters???

MaW

Yes, too cruel. Your source sir, it is April 1st?

Were it true it still wouldn't help. I'd guess that other than New Year if there was one month in which 'drug related incidents and youth accidents' are going to increase April is that month, at least as far as Thailand is concerned.

Cheers,

M.

If this is an April Fool's joke then u are 2 hours and 23 mins late BKK time as the joking should be finished or admitted to by 12 noon.....

Please reveal your source for this announcement or we will take it as a joke.

UG

I have been one of the biggest skeptic here about later closing times and I have not seen it yet in Soi Cowboy or NEP, but this is what I have seen and heard:

- I have been told by several independant sources that Club Mystique closes at 3 am depending... I will have an opportunity next week (holiday in the middle of the week giving me two "Fridays") to see if there is any truth to this rumour on at least the night I visit.

- In one the stairwells in NEP there was a sign written in Thai advertising a Karoke bar/club that, according to the advert, stays open until 6 am. Who is this aimed at and what does it say about this club's fear of getting raided by the MiB. It is only hunch, but my guess is that the MiB are more likely to notice a sign written in Thai in plain view in NEP than a posting in English on an internet site.

- I have been told by another fairly reliable source - she has no financial incentive to lie to me about closing times - that CM2 stays open until 2 am. (In an area where she does have a financial incentive to dissemble, pricing, she claims that the going rate in CM2 now for a short time is Baht 3,000; I have been seeing her for afternoon trysts - where she has to travel to meet me - every several months for years at half that price, and she clearly wanted to raise the rates.) Oddly enough, I am not sure about Nana Disco.

- I have separately posted about the fact that a number of new places seem to be going up, one of which, the Sin disco, is clearly aimed at a late night crowd.

Having said all that, I haven't personally seen any of these late night places late at night. I will have at least two opportunities for late adventures next week, so if anyone can add to the list, let me know, perhaps by PM, and if it is true, I will confirm without giving the name.

guys police does read these boards, but anyways hotel disco's have all along been allowed 2am closing so that's including angels & cm2!

I doubt you'd find mystique or other high profile clubs open on many nights past say 1.30am. narcissos seems to have better 'connections' though & past 2am more likely while RCA etc. inside the zoning stays open untill 2am legit!

guys police does read these boards,
A frightening thought not only for the obvious reason ("Big Brother" is watching), but also because the English language capabilities of the local gendarmerie - even the supposedly more sophisticated agencies - is so appalling bad. ::

Archived