Where can I buy exercise equipment for the home?

mycowjai

At one point Seacon Square was the biggest mall in Asia. It's on Sri Nakarin Rd (same road as the Novotel Bangna hotel). Next to Seacon Square is the Seri Mall, which has a "sports world" department. You'll be able to find your stuff at both places.

Top floor of Central Lad Prao I believe has a store that sells new and used equipment (not in Central, but the Mall itself). Think there's a store in Central Bang Na as well (don't know if it's the same guys).

From Pom Michael in a thread from 2003:

"To answer my own question:

SEARA International

Soi Thonglor 21, Sukhumvit Soi 55

Tel: 0-2382-1722

www.Searasports.com"

<<burp>>

I can recommend the FBT department store on Ramkamhaeng rd., an 8 floors department store dedicated only to sports equipment. I just bought a treadmill there. They have a selection of at least 50 different treadmill models on display, all major brands and if you want a particular model that's not in stock they'll order it for you, as they did for me. All sort of torture machines are available and bargaining is possible as well.

The store is opposite to Rajamangala stadium direct on Ramkamhaeng rd. on the corner of a traffic light intersection left hand side when you come from Rama IX rd. If you don't speak Thai, you better take a Thai friend with you since nobody there seems to speak any English.

Good luck!

BkkGeorge

Archived