Airport to Pattaya by bus - No direct?

Hiya

I used to throw money around like it was going out of fashion.

But over the last few years my Jewish work pal has really taught me the incredible value of watching the pennies. I reckon this guys makes at least an extra 10%+ a year on his salary by using a lot of money saving tricks, most of them real easy to do.

Anyway, I'm off to Pattaya soon and am in no rush to get there so I thought I'd take the bus for the first time.

From what I can see there doesn't seem to be a direct link. Do I have 2 choices;

1) Airport Bus to Ekami, change bus to Pattaya

2) Airport taxi to Morchit, change bus to Pattaya

If so, looks like (1) will be the cheapest but are we talking about 50-60 bar cheaper? (2) looks to me to be the quickest.

I get in around 3.30pm so the time of day is not an issue.

How do other people do a cheap run from the airport to Pattaya?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belem said:

THAI Limousine also offers direct minibus services to Pattaya from Dong Muang Airport three times daily: 09.00, 12.00 and 19.00. Fare is 200 B one way.

Limo sounds like a good option.

And while that might sound high priced to somebody saving pennies, add the bus/taxi/BTS/MRT fares together and you start getting pretty close to 200 baht.

At that time of day, traffic will be the worst. Although you said time of day/arrival in Pattaya is not so important to you, the difference between a 2 hour ride and a 3-4 hour ride can be stressful (to me, anyway). Plus, if you're in a taxi, sitting still and watching the meter click away can be nerve-wracking to the satang-saver!

I second Zorro.

Much faster and cheaper to hit Morchit by taxi, then bus to Pattaya, takes expressway, no trafic fuzz in the city.

Don' think you will enjoy waiting for thai minibus, is cramped experience anyway, although a bit cheaper (50 baht?)

Archived