Airport to Pattaya by bus - No direct?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like I'll go Morchit, then change.

Typical - No way, my Jewish friend's been a real savior to my finances, I now have more cash, more saving plans, more credit cards (shuffle 0% finance deals) etc. I now open ALL my bills, bank statements, check ALL charges (argue when need be, works 8/10 to get money back), etc etc. So many little tricks, so many pennies to save, so much extra income compared to what I was like a few years back. I know this stuff seems personal finance 101 to many but you wouldn't believe how bad so many people are with all this shit (myself included till a year or sao back)

For those in England I also use the excellent www.moneysavingexpert.com, that website really gives good information (like how to phone Thai mobiles for 1p a min) - That tip has saved me around £300 a year (far more when you factor in tax). Also www.investorprofit.com sometimes has a good story or 2.

I used to spend around 8,000 - 10,000 a day in Thailand. Now I reckon I can have just as much fun for 3,000-5,000 a day. And the rest of the money goes into savings!

OK, I'll admit you don't have to be Jewish to do all of this stuff but those guys are very good, same with the Dutch, rumour has it the Dutch invented copper wire when 2 of them fought over the same penny :)

No, he's absolutely right, it's 200B and they shuttle thrice a day. The ticket counter is opposite the moneychanger booths in the arrival area of Don Muang. However, "limo" (Thai Airways calls it limo) is misleading as the car is actually a van (or "mini-bus"). They drop you off at Beach Rd. or Second rd.

Only reason to go to Morchit is that you'd have to wait until 7pm.

No, he's absolutely right, it's 200B and they shuttle thrice a day. The ticket counter is opposite the moneychanger booths in the arrival area of Don Muang. However, "limo" (Thai Airways calls it limo) is misleading as the car is actually a van (or "mini-bus"). They drop you off at Beach Rd. or Second rd.

Only reason to go to Morchit is that the afternoon "limo" leaves at 7pm.

Big Kev said:

What is taxi fare from airport to Pattaya these days?

Recent thread on another board gave a range of 1400 to 2000 baht including tolls. Higher price was from the company that replaced Thai Limo - they're located inside the terminal. Return price should be cheaper.

-redwood

Hi!

200 baht for a mini bus is a bargain!

That depends entirely on the circumstances. If you happen to share it with 9 obese Germans that have brought all there worldly possessions to Thailand bargain is not the first word that comes to mind. This happened to me once and I had to resort to mild violence to stop them from stacking their luggage in my knee. After that the mini buses are not an option.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi,

Mid- Janruary I paid 1300 inclussive of tollways...from the airport and only 800 baht the next day to come back!

I'll be getting the same fare :: if possible in a couple days! I'll be staying longer...

SkiBum

Archived