Could I get arrested for taking a photo of her ass

New Petchburi Pete

You just may. However, had I had my camera yesterday I would have given some stiff competition. A gal with a dream of an ass was dancing on the bar. She had white, see-through shorts on with no panties, and she was drenched! ... and, I was in perfect position right behind her! ... but, without a camera to my dismay ... quite a show though!

• 2 months later...

"Those 2 idiots set the farang society back in the pecking order. "

Uh.. it was not them who was wrong.

Anyway, off topic. 3

Off topic perhaps but sure another breathtaking statement from WYD... :(

Hi, Pete, any practice lately on this topic? :)

usually, this type of shot is in the category of "candid shots", ie. shoot and don't be shot ::!

Every type of specific photography needs a little preparation, first having a camera with you to begin, ahaha.

Then, sit or stand yourself somewhere, the more you stay in one place, the less conspicuous you are as you become part of the spot, while people keep passing by. Then shoot or pretend shooting a lot, anything, anyhow. When the occ-ass-ion presents itself, it will just be one of the many shots people merely noticed you were taking.

PC paranoids think there is a law for anything, to punish you for having fun. The worse that can happen is a very awkward moment if the girl notices, but how could she if she is turning her back? Watch for lurking BFs, this could be the difference between a furious look and a black eye.

In photography, experience is paramount. there are shots one has learnt to be ready to take, and some not quite yet, depending on level of craft confidence (i don't mean camera technique, but subject approach).

Even more than in trying to chat up a girl you don't know, the dictum "hesitate and you lose" is a rule in photographing street scenes.

I have a "psyche me up" technique to counter extreme self-consciousness and timidity, I tell myself my next income depends on a series of photos contracted by a newspaper or publisher, to be delivered "tomorrow".... May not work with tiny dig cameras though. But with a big SLR in hand, you really acquire the psychology of a professional image-chaser, and look less like a dirty voyeur.

PS: Pete, did you see the "mamma mia" pix in the pix gallery, it was shot from a table at Leng kee, GF by my side. I got away with it by whining I wished these people could go so I shoot the shoe-repair corner alone. Actually, i probably did not get away with it, and paid for it cluelessly at some point in the next few days, the ominous TG technique for revenge.... :(...... :D :D :D

Archived