MEMORY CARDS

sayjann

just bought a new Digi Camera in preparation for my visit next Month.

bought an Olympus because i had one previously and have the XD Cards.

with the Internal memory and the Cards i already have i have the capacity to take around 380 Photos.

but i think i will need more Cards to take all the cultural Photos i want and of course the Photos taken in the bedroom..... :hubba:

XD Cards are not cheap in the UK and i was wondering how much they cost in Thailand?.

do Folks have any idea how much a 16MB,32MB or 64MB costs and are they readily available?.

obviously i would prefer to get the cheapest price.

Thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you are getting progressively more psyched and prepared for your trip! :up:

You might consider going into a camera shop/computer center and just transferring the images from stick to CD, maybe every 2-3 days, when it's getting full.

Don't remember- are you bringing a laptop? You can just transfer them to the hard drive.

don't really want to go through the bother of doing what you suggest.

i just want a new Card or 2,i just think it's an idea to have a few spare in case you lose one of the damn tiny fiddly things.

also an idea to have separate Cards for various subjects.

had a look at the prices in various Stores in the UK and the best deal i can see is around 2000 Baht for a 256MB Card.

any cheaper in Thailand?.

No problem to find them. Any photo shop catering to farangs will have some. So many brands, some way cheaper than others.

Pantip plaza a good bet too, MBK has a couple camera shops very reliable, bottom floor street side, they will advise you honestly as to brand reliabilty.

I'd say 64 MB should be below 100 bahts, and worth going 128 for the same price, most likely. This way, you can up the quality and size of your pix.

thanks P127.

looks like i will wait until i get to Thailand then.

a big difference in price and seems worthwhile to wait.

if your price thoughts are correct then it would make sense for me to use a higher resolution.

i normally use the lowest resolution just to get the maximum amount of Pix from a Card.

a 64 MB Card or higher would give me a good option for that and for that price would be very welcome.

BTW........good to see you around again..........:beer:

I dunno about 100 Baht. Think maybe that was meant to be 1000 baht. Cannot recall seeing 64Mb XD cards at 100 but if it is right then I would like to know where.

Figure you should save at least 10% on normal UK price i.e. the difference in UK and Thai VAT. Any more than that is icing and from what I have seen at Panthip, MBK, Zeer, Fortune etc hard to do on camera type stuff. You of course may find a mega source in which case, do share.

Cheers,

M.

Archived