Nonthaburi??

Anyone live in Nonthaburi or know much about it? I have never lived there but I have been offered a great deal on a place and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on the area. The place I am looking at is just off the main road near the big market.Any information would be helpful

Thanks

Hi I live out here, Muang Tong Thani Sarm, (#)

Its not bad, very good apartment, Tennis Court, Pool, maids every day, 2 bedrooms, balcony for 12 000 baht.

Electricity and Phone extra.

Where are you looking at. This place is not bad, but a bit isolated from markets.

If you are looking at Munag Tong Thani, there even cheaper, bet position, but notas nice flats and smaller.

V.

I've got a buddy who lives in Nonthaburi, perhaps a few kilometers from the place you're looking at. I used to hang out there a lot with him when I was living in Bangkok, and I stay with him on my annual visits since I've returned to the USA. Personally, having enjoyed and then gradually tired of the Sukhumvit / Patpong scene, I enjoy the Nontahburi nightlife much more.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by V. Calvino:

Anyone live in Nonthaburi or know much about it? I have never lived there but I have been offered a great deal on a place and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on the area. The place I am looking at is just off the main road near the big market.Any information would be helpful

Thanks

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: JEff ]

I live in Nonthaburi, as stated the air is much cleaner out here and I can be on Silom Rd in 30 minutes. I've just bought a house for 1.6 mil THB...... at least 5 mil if nearer "the city centre" wherever that is.

I live in a secure village with 24 hour guards, no theft or vandalism at all.

Nightlife is available but on a smaller scale. 6 out of 10 I'd say.

i have lived in nonthaburi for two and a half years, had a good life there. generally people are a lot friendlier, and depending where you life the air is a lot better, esp. important if you have children.

but make sure that your place has good security, or neighbors around, theft is a problem there.

and rents are at least half of what you have to pay in bangkok. with all the expressways it won't take any time to get anywhere in bangkok.

Have a nice time there.

Thanks for all the info guys. I have been looking to buy a condo for some time and have just found a great deal on one here. My wife's cousins friend really needs the money and I think we can get a 72sq.m, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom place for 520,000. I figure even if we aren't living here it is a crime to pass up the place at that price (less than a car costs in Thailand). The building is in pretty good shape but a little off the main road. The neigbour hood looks good with a lot of big houses around and like you al said it isn't too hard to get into town from here. Night life I a not sure of but hey I have a kid and don't get out much anyway. Thanks again for the advise I should be closing the deal in about a week.

• 2 weeks later...

The builing is 5 years old and has 10 floors. As far as I could tell they were all full but one of single units was for sale. This place was finished when people could still get loans. The hallways and parking lot looked fine and I have heard they have had the same night watchman since the place opened who is very trustworthy. There is also a small convience store on the ground floor tha does a bit of cooking as well and for a bit of a tip doesn't mind doing room service.

Archived