Karaoke club curiosity?

dddave

I live just off of Suk. soi 71, between Phra Khanong and Klong Tan. Along this stretch are about 20 Karaoke pubs, all small shophouse size. Many of these clubs have a few hosteses sitting out front early in the evening, but they never great me or any other person walking by as the Nana and Cowboy girls do, barely a look actually.

I would never venture into one unless I was with a Thai, or a knowlegeable farang, but I am curious; do they pretty much function the same as farang bars, with the girls available for "take out" during business hours? Is there usually a barfine involved, or is this a case of making your arangements with a girl privately for after hours only. There are several drive-in, short time hotels on 71, so there must be some kind of action around, though I've never encountered a freelancer soliciting on the street.

David

Hi,

Last time I was in one was quite a few years ago, and I've never been to any of the small shopfront ones so not sure how accurate this will be. Anyway...

The karaoke bars do not have a barfine perse, although the principal is fairly similar. If you want a girl to sit with you you pay her for her time. This is called a 'drink' and one these 'drinks' is usually about 45-60 minutes (depending on the place) and the cost can be anywhere between 150 Baht to over 600 Baht.

If you hit it off you can 'LC' (I have no idea what those initials stand for) the girl by paying for all her 'drinks' for the evening. The amount is likely to be 10-15 'drinks', but can be more on weekends / party nights.

Any 'drinks' bought already get deducted from the amount first.

Just like a barfine, this LC guarantees you nothing. It just allows the girl to leave.

As for girls being up for extra-curricular activities. I found that it differs greatly; some have no problem fucking you on the first day you meet, others might do so after you have spend several weeks (and thousands of Baht) visiting them, and yet others may never go out.

Different bars also have different policies, some pretty much state that if a customer pays for an LC the girl has to take care of him, but most leave this pretty much up to the girl (at least as far as I could tell).

I think a lot of the karaoke girls are much more looking for sugar daddy (i.e. being set up as a mia noi) than a ST / LT.

Sanuk!

Archived