first signs of HIV

spirit_of_town_hall

Hi Scum Baggio,

By signs he meant night sweats and sore limbs, not major lung problems as I believe a lot of people get in later stages.

In addition there was a court case here in the UK about a man who had the virus. He did not tell his wife, six months after having unprotected sex she started feeling ill.

It transpired that he was hiv positive and he was sent to prison for 5 years.

chow

Hi spirit_of_town_hall,

you'll find plenty of information by typing in "HIV early symptoms" or "HIV incubation period" into Google.com.

Unpleasant reading for hypochondriacs like me!

Cheers, SB.

Hi Scum Baggio,

I've just finished reading those various articles . I agree they can make you very paranois indeed.

The most common theme seems to be enlarged lymph nodes accompanied by a flu which lasts for between 1 -3 weeks but can last up to 2 months. Within a couple of months of being infected. This is often accompanied by a rash and/ or painful joints.

However symptoms can vary and some people don't get any.

I think the best thing to do is to stop reading those articles as you can start to see symptoms which aren't there. etc

The night sweats seems to be common theme though and a gay friend has said to me he'd never heard chat about feeling fluey but certainly the night sweats.

Thanks for your help

Spirit_of_town_hall

Archived