Hotels in Nakhon Si Thammerat

Donut

Hi all, I am going to Nakhon Si Thammerat for a wedding in July and plan to stay over night. As I will bring the entire family including in-laws I hope for a few suggestions in the cheaper end. 800-1000 bht range. Thanx in advance.

Donut - the unlucky Thai way of pronouncing my name.

congratulations! what is the name of Mrs. Donut? hope she likes sweets!

as for Nakhon Si Thammarat, i can't help as i only have been once there. if it is not necessary to stay overnight you could drive to Donsak from there which is less than 1.5 hours and take the ferry to Ko Samui!

Hi Samak, - I doubt I will be able to make it to the ferry after a full day of lao khao, beers etc. It is my brother in law who is getting married and we use to celebrate the hard way - but definitly a possibility. As in-laws are based in Surat we might just go all the way home, but driving at night down there is so dangerous due to drunk drivers that I would rather stay over night. (will go to Samui before and after wedding though- and always by ferry from Donsak- can't stand the backpacker boats!) rgds., D

The best hotel in NST is the Twin Lotus. I stayed there two nights in April. 1050/night for a double including a decent buffet of Asian/Western offerings. I expect that if you deal directly with the hotel for several rooms that u can do a bit better. (They wanted to charge me 1200). Same hotel in BKK would probably run 3000/night. Free shuttle service to/from airport and shuttle service to the center of the city. (Hotel is on the outskirts of the city, but does have a Tesco/Lotus across the street for any emergency purchases u might need.) PM me if you need more info.

Hugh (mak)

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Thai Hotel. The cheap rooms with fan only are 250 baht. Nothing flash, but at that price you can't complain and they have an attached bathroom and TV with HBO. The hotel has a/c rooms, around 400-600 baht I think. It is right in the middle of the main commercial area near the railway station.

Archived