Recommended condoms

elfman36

I've done a lot of 'research' in this area...

I also cast my vote for Avanti.

These things just feel better to me. I think the heat transference thing is part of it, but the material itself offers more friction, for a better ride. It's not stretchy like latex, so doesn't 'grip'. Because of this it can slide around a bit, which can be a problem if you're slim, like another poster mentioned. Lube yourself up a little before application, and it's far better than any latex condom, IMO.

A few months ago I was doing a girl with a latex condom, I was a little drunk, and just could not get off. Switched to avanti, and got off no problem.

RE: Breakage. Although the material is supposed to be tougher they do break more often. That's why on the package the say it has not yet been shown to be effective in preventing STD's. Fact is though they are just as effective as latex as long as they don't break or slip off. I saw some study, it was like 6% breakage as compared to 2% or something like that for latex. However, as with all condoms, breakage is almost always due to improper lubrication. So far I'm at zero breaks for over 100 uses. If lubrication is an issue, go with latex.

RE: Cost. Yeah, expensive (~&1.75+ a pop!), but a small price to pay for the improved experience, expecially if you're paying for it anyway!

*** BTW, polyurethane condoms do not seem to be available anywhere in Thailand frown.gif" border="0 Has anybody seen them? ****

If you want to go for latex condoms, I'd recommend Beyond Seven or InSpiral. InSpiral can be found online and at some specialty shops. Fairly expensive (about $1 per I think), thick latex, but have a nice baggy tip that does make a good bit of difference, especially if you've got some lube inside. Beyond seven are very thin, not too expensive, and made with some new 'silky' latex.

Safe Sanuk!

Oh, two 'specialty' condoms I don't recommend:

Pleasure Plus. Baggy tip with little buds on the inside that are supposed to give heightened sensitivity. Didn't work too well for me & tough to get on right.

EZ.ON

Polyurethane condom not availale in the States. I had to order online from Amsterdam (http://www.condomerie.com/EZONE.html). Easier to apply than Avanti, but the damn cardboard ring at the base is too distracting. Very expensive too.

www.condomania.com & www.condomerie.com are good site for condom info...

• 1 month later...

Just adding a bit more to this thread...

I had my first avanti break on me about a month ago. It was with an indonesian girl who, along with a few other odd sexual preferences, liked to do it 'dry'... go figure. Sure enough the condom broke. So just to repeat: don't use if lubrication is an issue.

Also, I tried the Trojan brand of polyeurethane condoms, and prefer them not to avanti: cheaper and they cover more of the shaft - avantis are a little short for me anyway. Unfortunately I can't get anymore over here in LOS! (Anybody coming over soon want to bring me some smile.gif" border="0 )

Archived