Rock Salt deodorant

The "Thai deodorant stone" is called HINĀ® SAN SOHM(h) and may be the same thing as "alum rock" or "aluminum sulfate", a common ingredient in anti-perspirants. It does work very well but may have negative effects on one's health. The Thais use it to deodorize pig intestines in the market, and a kilo of rough stones is about ten baht. These will smooth out with use.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: luckyfarang ]

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

can getting al into your system be bad for you.?

Somewhere I heard it collects in ur brain cells and could be a cause of demintia

( alzhiemers?)

A word of caution... Aluminum Chlorohydrate is the working substance of any Antiperspirant on the market. In addition, some Deos doesn't have this but they are not as effective.

Aluminum Chlorohydrate makes the body sweat less. A fair guess would be that the Antiperspirants produced in the west are somewhat balanced as come to effectiveness (concentration of active substance) vs. body health.

But then again, those Thai 'Aluminum-block' things could be terrific, I don't have any experiance (only western cosmetics industries just haven't picked it up yet).

/sweet-sweat

blush.gif" border="0

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: adamsky ]

• 2 weeks later...

The lump alum that is reffered to here in its bulk form for 5 baht/kilo....wouldnt reccomend this as it is quite acidic and could cause skin irritation. it does make excellent styptic pencil though..

u can find 25kg bags of the stuff at your friendly neighbourhood waterworks, and i am sure theyd let u sky a few chunks gratis...

later

Archived