Rock Salt deodorant

The hotel I've been staying at in Pattaya (Apex) had a deodorant stick made with some kind of mineral salt in the backet of snacks on top of the minibar. I decided to give it a try. That stuff really works well! Totally unscented and you don't even know it's on, but it seems to completely eliminate odor as far as I can tell, which is nice in this muggy weather.

Your right there , those rocks really do the trick , they are also inexpensive & last for EVER!!

I know here in Land Of Oz you get them in health food shops , Australian Geographic shops are the best place to get them here .

No plastic , non toxic , cheap , biodegradable,actually works .......surely it's magic! shocked.gif" border="0

Totally agree - how much do they cost. I didn't realise they were being pushed through the hotels, I thought someone had left one behind in my room at the Royal Century but as it was sealed I thought I would have it. Didn't show up on my bill as far as I know!

Anyway, how do they work and why are they just appearing now? They are brilliant (good for shaving cuts too!)

LG

Ok the story is this...

They work because in the rocks used there is natural occuring aluminum , which is what is used in sprays & roll ons . When you wet the rock it brings out the aluminum & hey presto ...you got deoderant .

A normal sized rock you buy as deoderant will last 12 months !!!!

In Land Of Oz ( from now known as LOO ) you will get one for about $11 Oz bucks . 250-300 baht ...a bargain!

I need to let everyone in LOO know they are no longer available at National Geographic shops , go to health food shops .

These things really are the best . Give it a go....go oohhhhnnnn!! smile.gif" border="0

They have been around for ages , as with all these things the mainstream only gets into them when a "fad" or something happens , with the advent of natural medicines , health foods , & all other "new age' stuff they took off, this was in the late 80's early 90's . Native people's have used them for "eon's' I think.

I fear this "new age" thing was a 90's thing , it seems to be on the wane , so stock up now I say .

90B at Apex mini-bar, so I'd guess it can be found for 60. I remember hearing about it maybe 10 years ago and just forgot about it. I don't usually get to excited about a product, but this stuff 'rocks' - wish I'd tried it long ago.

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

Totally agree - how much do they cost. I didn't realise they were being pushed through the hotels, I thought someone had left one behind in my room at the Royal Century but as it was sealed I thought I would have it. Didn't show up on my bill as far as I know!

Anyway, how do they work and why are they just appearing now? They are brilliant (good for shaving cuts too!)

LG

Just got back from Samui and picked one up from the resort. Nicely packaged and well shaped for rolling on. I paid 214 baht but from an expensive resort, so would be cheaper elsewhere. Says it will last 1 year. It definitely works, highly recommended. Details on the package as follows:

Crystal Project Company Ltd.

64/21 Chao Fa Road,

Tamboon Victut (??)

Phuket.83000

Fax: 076-238 419

Cheers

Archived