Bangkok or the Beach ??

Dumsoda

Have just read Stick's latest comments on current situation and would like to seek advice from others, as to current experiences.

I have been able to arrange a 3 night stop over on my business trip to Europe in approx 2 months time. ETA bkk 23.00 on a Friday night. (21.30 if the other flight comes off waitlist) Depart 00.25 Tuesday.

Do I stay and party in the Big mango, or head down to Pattaya on Saturday and then taxi straight to airport on Monday night?? (Maybe too late arrival to go straight to the beach, if 23.00)

I'm quite familiar (and comfortable) with both places and it won't be hard to fill in 3 days.

Would appreciate comments from members currently in country.......please no...how long is a piece of string..responses, and I know things can change in 2 months, but..... what would you do??

Will post closer to the actual date and be more than happy to meet anyone that's in town, for a dumsoda or 3. Unfortunately my arrival will be too late for Gullible's on Friday night...unless, of course, either the wait list comes off or the gang is still knocking them back at around midnight !!!

Chockdee Dumsoda

friday arrivla might be a bit late to go to pattaya and still party.

so what about one night in BKK and 2 nights in Pattaya.

BTW let me know where you can find a beach in Pattaya; have not found any there so far! :neener:

Thanks samak,

That's my initial thoughts for 'Plan A", but as we all know "Plan A" could go out the window 30 minutes after touch down (well maybe 90 minutes !!) Wouldn't be the first time I've lost a couple of days.

As for the "Beach", gotta admit you're spot on there. Have never even stuck a toe in the water at either Pattaya or Jomtien and don't intend to. Closest I have ever got, was a tub full of bubbles on Second Road, guess that's almost the beach, as you need to watch out for "Lady Sharks"

Chock dee Dumsoda

nkped,

Good to hear, not a major concern, but will certainly be better on the eye than my last couple of visits.

I've always preferred SC as my starting point, just seems more easy going to me.

Having said that, let me say this.....it's ALL good....and as a starting point I usually find it difficult to get any further... once I sit down and get a drink in my hand I'm gone. Have even had some fantastic nights in Country Road....just go with the flow and enjoy!!!

Chock dee Dumsoda

Archived