Revenge Against Taxi Drivers

Hugh_Hoy

Hugh_Hoy said: And for every hour there, Hugh has probably spent nearly as much time during the day volunteering in a foundation-sponsored program designed to help the less fortunate of Thai society in several different ways. Yes, some of the recipients may be daughters of taxi drivers.

I just call it "Soi 7 Beergarden" mate.

jack :help:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>Hugh, upon reflection, concedes that he kinda went "over the top" in reacting to these guys.<<

One of those taxi guys in pty owed someone money. So he robbed his farang passenger but felt he had to cut off the farang's head to get to his wallet.

In LOS, you'll have to be more creative if you want your antics to be considered over the top. :whatever:

Next time put on a gas mask while speeding away from the landmark and drop a cannister of cs gas in the rude taxi driver's lap :relieved:

Might even make the bangkok post :elephant:

years back, before most of the drivers would simply put on the meter...

a guy I know agreed to a price of 100 baht to go accross town.

the driver put on the meter anyway, (I guess for the company books) and the fare was about 80 baht.

my stupid friend tried to give the driver 80 baht and walk away. the driver caught up with him, slammed him against the ground, took the additional 20 baht out of the wallet, and stuffed the wallet in the guys mouth.

there is very little time between the Thai smile and physical action.

be careful.

Peace,

Dude

Dude le,

Hahahahaha! Great story! Just goes to show not to mess with these guys. You agreed to 100 baht, he wanted his 100 baht. :D Wonder why he put the meter on in the first place? Just to see how much he had gained if he had not used the meter as he did? :: Thanks, the picture in my mind of him stuffing the wallet back in your friend's mouth after taking the 20 baht is priceless! :)

Cent

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are an unlucky type you could have an off-duty police officer as your driver.

A lot of taxi drivers carry weapons of some sort for self-protection.

In the case of police it is always a gun.

Guest lazyphil

My mrs uncle is a part time bkk taxi driver, hes quite mild guy but if he got pissed about he could call another uncle whos 'well hard', and would be on the scene asap ::

Hey Cent,

Luckily I was not in that cab ride. This happened back in 89 or 90...

My buddy told me, the guy came out of the cab saying something like

'this is Thai, you say 100, you pay 100!!'

young taxi driver. Ironically enough, I think THIS particular driver now works as a policeman-- he was recently seen pistol whipping a German tourist for mouthing off at the Q bar. TIT for TAT (this is Thailand) v. (Tourist Association Thailand)

Peace!

Dude

I am a taxi driver in London, the general public assume you are some sort of public service.

I say to them you wouldnt go in to a restaurant and then bargain after you have eaten, what's the difference?

What with the cost of taxi purchase/rental, insurance and the ever increasing price of fuel one's fixed costs are high.

If the punters sense you are weak or green as I was when I started they; WILL take the piss.

At least London has some sort of regulation, in Bangkok anyone can go and hire which means its a buyers market, have some thought for those guys who are screwed by the companies they hire off, any scratch 1000 baht and more, paying off the police to park up in ranks etc etc...

STH

why the fuck couldn't you have got some sort of discount from your mates after our Nights out?......... ::

always seemed to cost a fortune whenever we got a taxi from Chinatown to your gaff in that godforsaken part of London you live in.......... :banghead:

Archived