Pattaya, 1st impressions after about 5 years.

Coss

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Caligula operated coincidently with SuperBaby and/or SuperGirl. Not familiar with histories prior 1988. Still have a list from Baby3 when I was ensconced in the Siam Bayshore in 1989.

Hi!

On my first trip in 1982 Caligula was already there. Some time in the beginning of the nineties they opened another adjacent bar called Caligula Palace. Both bars disappeared a couple of years later. They were on the left side of soi Diamond at the upper end.

regards

ALHOLK

but the emotional cost is way higher

---------------------------------

never been tru a heartbreaking and costly divorce in the west, so i will let others answer that, but frankly, we are talking 2 different things here.

No one is forced to fall in love anywhere in this world, or be damnedly infatuated. People do that to themselves., for better or worse. What the GFE means is not heel over heads infatuation, but a bit of smittenness, no cashier register sound at the end of each day or night, and company that is equal if not more fun than just having sex with the chick. That's all there is in these 3 capital letters GFE, anythings else is a result of it, but not intrinsec to it, I hear about fallen heroes of the scene, but looking at the people I really know, I probably am the one who fared the worst. Valuable experiences, but IMO, hardly a scratch on the armor.... Just needed to tone down the shine ! ::

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

On my first trip in 1982 Caligula was already there. Some time in the beginning of the nineties they opened another adjacent bar called Caligula Palace. Both bars disappeared a couple of years later. They were on the left side of soi Diamond at the upper end.

regards

ALHOLK

Yeah, Caligula never seemed to have caught on. I enjoy sitting at the merry-go-round Carousel bar beers adjacent to SuperGirl and watch the parade of cummings and goings. Being an old hand, did you like the physical setup of Diamond before its make over circa 1994-5? I sure did. sidle up to the Chiquita beer bar right on Walking St. without negotiating steps and obstructions.

I doubt, therefore I might be.

Chok dee

Hi!

I agree completely. Soi Diamond was much better before the remake. Chiquita was probably one of the first bars in south Pattaya that I visited. Do you remember the elderly lady with the enormous knockers there. I think she was the mamasan. She was still around on my second trip in 1989 but was gone in 1991.

Caligula orgy club must have been the most famous Pattaya bar among US navy personnel. On a couple of occasions several years after they were gone I was approached by navy/marines who asked if I could give them directions there. As a note of interest they had a strip tease act in 1982 which I have never seen in any other gogo bar.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived