How's Hua Hin these days?

spudsmck

• 2 weeks later...

Hua Hin is a popular place for Scandinavian tourists who like to eat good seafood at beach side restaurants. I, too, was there a few years ago and wasn't impressed with the talent on display in the bars. Glad I brought my own from Pattaya. There is a disco with freelancers, I heard, but didn't get a chance to check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to Hua Hin next month (July 2005). I will file a report. Just a tourist visit. First trip there. But I will look around day and night. I will probably start by reading the free newspaper at the Hilton as mentioned in another post.

(a bit lame this but...) as mentioned above re. the restaurants - I was seriously impressed by the quality and price. At various times we couldh ave been in the Mediterranean, Goa, Mexico, Germany etc... Top notch grub. Apparently Thai is also available!

• 5 weeks later...

Hua Hin is a very family-oriented place. I like it for it's fairly laid-back atmosphere; it makes a great retreat from Bangkok :). Don't expect the bar scene to be anything like Pattaya; if you're going for the sole purpose of getting your rocks off, go to Sin City.

I was in Hua Hin for the Jazz festival just recently and had a really good time. You also do meet some interesting people to chat with at the bars.

Here's a link to the Hua Hin After Dark website.

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/

Archived