Beware! nothing is SAFE from stealing Thai wifes

samak

from Bangkok Post, 17.5.2005

Wife charged with stealing husband's money

A Thai woman has been charged with stealing a safe containing about 12 million baht worth of foreign currencies from her common law British husband.

Suree Sriwipat, 38, was arrested on Sunday at the Mai Thai Hotel in Roi Et's Muang district by a police team from Bangkok.

Pol Lt-Gen Pansiri Prapawat, the metropolitan police chief, said the action followed a complaint from the woman's common law husband, a British national, that Mrs Suree had stolen the safe from his room at Srinakarin Mansion in Suan Luang district.

The arresting officers found foreign currencies worth about 10.9 million baht in Mrs Suree's possession. They also seized a car she had just bought.

Police said the woman confessed to the theft saying she fled with the safe while her husband was away in Australia because she had cancer and needed money for medical treatment.

the Thai media also reported, that the police has started a interrogation about the activities of the Farang husband as the guy has no Visa and work permit and keeps unusual high amounts of cash in his safe!!!

'the Thai media also reported, that the police has started a interrogation about the activities of the Farang husband as the guy has no Visa and work permit and keeps unusual high amounts of cash in his safe!!!'

a Thai steals money and straight away the Police start to investigate the Farang...........:banghead:

seems like i will have to keep the bare minimum in my safe just in case the Police decide to pop round and ask why i have 430 Baht in my safe........

what devious reasons must i have for having that much stashed away?.

Anyone thought about how they would react towards the wife and what type of future relationship they would have?

Granted that it does seem starange that anyone would keep such a high amount of money in a place at home..Though I believe many people do keep high amounts of money at home due to their lack of trust in systems/institutions or shady practices/avoidance of detection by other entitiies..

He has to be judged innocent until he can show legitimate reason or reasons why he would have such large amounts in cash. Maybe there is a simple explanation or maybe there isn't....

I think that borders on stupidity on his part compounded by having it in a foreign land and how much he really knows about his wife? Was it one of these fly by night relationships and her background and how they met would all come into question...

It is interesting for someone who has a serious cancer goes out and immediately buys a vehicle for over a million baht. I guess she needed to get to the hospital in a hurry? The temptations are just too great when people have access to money where they would only dream about....

My gut feeling and pure speculation on my part of these two individuals is the more the authorities dig into this case, the uglier it will get...

I doubt we are talking about outstanding citizens here. Anyone know otherwise...

CB

'the Thai media also reported, that the police has started a interrogation about the activities of the Farang husband as the guy has no Visa and work permit and keeps unusual high amounts of cash in his safe!!!'

a Thai steals money and straight away the Police start to investigate the Farang...........

seems like i will have to keep the bare minimum in my safe just in case the Police decide to pop round and ask why i have 430 Baht in my safe........

what devious reasons must i have for having that much stashed away?. "

You kidding right?? or you ain't dealing in much cash... Carrying or keeping significant amounts can be a very serious hassle when police/tax department/customs ( legal mafia)find them. Thai have in my experience a much cooler attitude towards stack of banknotes. As for the case described in this thread it indeeds seems a bit dodgy

Gum,

maybe you know different folks than i do..

I think it is far and few between to find people who spend 12 million baht ($300,000) or equivalent on a daily basis...

I can think only of sport or movie stars, old wealth, or just plain tycoons dealing with that kind of money on a daily basis...

Rarely do the common man know or even have exposure to these folks at all...

CB

Archived