Wisom Teeth Again

jack_schist

Ok Chaps

After must consternation i am finaly getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled under a general anesthetic. My question is ... according to YOUR experience how many days will it be before i will be feeling (and looking) human enough to be able to venture outside and undertake normal everyday duties? bearing in mind that i am a reasonally robust person with a healthy respect for pain. ( i am used to pain but i don't like it much)

the reason i ask is that i am taking 2 weeks off leave from work to get this sorted out and i am wondering if i should entertain any ideas of having any fun while while i am in BKK or not.

cheers

Jack S.

JS,

My girl (dentist) said it'll take up to 3 days on average but could go up to 1 week at most if we're talking about surgical removal (in case of a broken tooth) and/or a patient's advanced age, ..

In any case, your 2-week leave will suffice :)

Goodluck!

Had the lower two at the age of 42. Ideally, the oral surgeon will give you enough drugs that you will sleep and/or not care most of the first 24 hours. You will still be aware that you have giant pot-holes in your jaw a week later, but shouldn't be suffering too much distress. Of course if you are still taking prescription pain killers at that point (likely), you will want to be careful about the ones you take over the bar.

::

I just had three wisdom teeth taken out and have to say it was really much easier than I had imagined.

I had them done in the chair with just a novacaine injection.

They were done over consecutive weekends.

They were a little sore for a day or two but that was it.

If you are having a general the recovery period will be longer.

I would recommend against a general if they can come out in the chair.

My dentist told me that a general is only necessary for very difficult wisdom teeth.

Depends on your teeth I think... Like Zorro, I had mine out over 2 visits, and was right as rain the next day, no time off work, it was just like getting a scale and clean or fillings. An old friend of mine had her 4 taken out and was laid up in bed for about a week I think, looked like a widemouth frog for a while too, but this was 10 years ago.

I had 2 done, went through - 26 injections, 2 dentists, 3 assistants 2 1/2 hours, gass the whole time, at one stage I was smiling but forgot to breath, they turned it down a notch after that.

Told me to come back next week for the other 2, didn;t see a dentist for 7 years!

My girlfriend though went in a few months later. I said I'll go up the road while the injections take effect and buy a paper,

Came back to see her in waiting room. "What happened?" I asked.

"All done, 4 teeth in 10 minutes!

FARRRKK

DOG

Archived