Katoey Kaution: Robinsons

dddave

One of the long-time, regular, "Go with you!" LB's in front of Robinsons surprised me tonight; jumping into my path, right hand to my crotch, left to my mobile holster on my belt. She had it half out (the mobile, that is) by the time I grabbed her hand and pushed her away, no doubt about what she was going for.

This is pretty unusual behavior for that location, especially for a regular. She is the one who is often attired in a "good girl" dress, looking more like a secretary than a hooker.

Maybe a bit of chemical courage involved?

Yes, many thieves among them. Whenever any get near, my hands instinctively press against my pockets. Yesterday I was stumbling out of NEP when I felt a hand halfway in my pocket with my wallet. I pointed at it and said "nee arai" (what's that?) and the katoey abruptly walked off. They have such a bad reputation for thieving that some places do not even allow them. I think CM2 for instance. The police could have a field day running a sting operation along suk netting pick pocketers for sure.

They can be very dangerous in the dark sidewalk under Asoke BTS station; last year saw a farang get his wallet lifted there.

My standard response when one approaches me is to deflect there hands with mine, and quickly and lightly step away from them.

dddave,

Thank you. Maybe some of us are becoming complacent. Usually, I stick my hand in my pocket and hold onto my wallet as I walk through that area, but lately I've been slipping. Thanks for reminding us that even the regulars can still be a hazard.

By the way, I agree with samak, you probably didn't pay her enough last time :)

Nana_boy, "Show me a katoey that's NOT a thief." I doubt you can back this up with facts. RU Trolling?

Archived