Saddest/moving movie you've seen?

Guest baldrick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very old movie and not sure about the title, I think "Champ"

About a boxer who brought his young kid to every boxing match. Kid (8 years or so) loved his dad of course and cheered every game. His dad was, as you could have guessed, the champ.

Until dad got knocked out big time and died in the hospital. Kid cried his eyeballs out and so did I nearly :)

I was about the same age.

I am so glad no one mentioned "Love Story". Though when it first came out, my brother and his mates sat in different parts of the cinema, full of crying women, and at the saddest moment each one set off a "Laughing Bag". Remember those, a bag that had a recording on manical laughter inside?

Anyway, everyone else burst out laughing, then the movie ended, women refused to move until the ending was replayed!

Brother banned yet again from Cockerals Cinema!

DOG

"Brian's Song" about Brian Picolo and Gayle Sayers of the Chicago Bears football team. A true story that became a made-for-TV movie in the early 1970's about the friendship between a black superstar (Sayers)and white average player (Picolo)where Brian gets cancer and eventually dies. I dare you to watch it without tearing up at the end.

Hmmn, no doubt the drink :drunk: coupled with a mid-life crisis, :doah: but...

Magnolia

All Or Nothing

I Am Sam

About Schmidt

Good Will Hunting

Jerry Maguire

Notting Hill

... all had me reaching for the paper hankies recently. :(

"Amateur Anal Ebony Gangbang", which I enjoyed last night, had me fumbling for the kleenex too, but for a different reason. :p:up:

That recent Johnny Depp flick "Secret Window" had me in tears too, largely because about ten minutes in to the fucker I realised I'd wasted about 30 quid drinking money for me and my bird to sit through a pile of utter shite. :cussing:

jack :help:

Archived