Bangkok weather?

What's the current weather like? I would appreciate if someone could take the time to write a short description of what's like for the next few weeks. Have always visited in the "winter"!! smile.gif" border="0

Bangkok is the best place to be in in Thailand during the rainy season. You'll only get rain for 1-3 hours a day, on some days no rain at all. And when it's overcast it's even cool by Bangkok standards. By comparison, there can be horrendous rain lasting several days in the South, and a continous unnerving drizzle (or worse) in the North.

The change in rainfall patterns has been interesting over the past few years.

When I first came here in the late 80's it would piss down virtually every day somewhere between 4pm and 8pm. Last year, a lot of the rain fell in the morning between 6am and 8am (just when you're trying to get to work)

My scrupiously kept weather records indicate that I got soaked on the way to work just 4 times in 8 years between 1991 and 1999, yet last year, I got soaked 3 times in one week.

What a sad life I lead.

Good response, guys!!! I was in central Vietnam in Feb. 2000 and was stranded for three days in Hue when it poured nonstop, so had to go around in a poncho and slippers. I was staying in a hotel run by the army and was able to procure some action through the uniformed bellboy, the cost was around $8, can't remember the exchange rate. Finally, had to go back to Danang as the runway was longer just to get to Hanoi. Has anyone ever done Hanoi to Kunming over the mountains, seems quite interesting? Then on to Bangkok or Chengmai for some R & R. Adios

Archived