Patpong - whats the deal?

JannikOJ

Hey hey,

Im coming to BKK for the second time in july. The last time in BKK i stayed clear of Patpong due to a lot of bad press with billpadling, ripoffs and agressive touts. But as i understand it some of you like it there or what? Whats the story about the Pong? Is it simply a matter of knowing the right places? If so, please do share gentlemen...

Thanks!

Patpong is fine. not trouble, usually.

just to be extra safe, avoid places that try to tout you into a sex show, especially if they are pointing to an upstairs, second floor place. Most of the clip joints of the past have been cleared out.

if you have any trouble anywhere, go talk to the Tourist Police, they have a sub-station next to Patpong.

http://www.knk.samart.teleeye.net/ take a look for yourself, the password is:

bill padding happens everywhere sometimes, it is really just the dishonest act of one individual waitress or cashier. check the chits as they are put into your cup, and add them up before you call for the 'check bin'. or pay as you order. best way for the gals to know you are a newbie!

Peace!

oh, and the biggest rip offs are on the street, in the tourist market. Those sellers ask for A LOT of baht for crap that sells much cheaper everywhere else.

have fun!

and on the pong itself, go into any Kings group bar, and there is usually no hassle at all. although a couple of them have a lot of ladyboys.

AND!

avoid the taxi mafia that hangs around there, they will always try to charge you much more, off the meter for a cab. depending on where you are staying, take the SKYTRAIN. Patpong is very close to Sala Daeng Station. (sic)

or grab a cab driving by, ask first if the driver will go where you want, and to turn on the meter.

I've said it many times before - Patpong is my favourite bar area simply because of the diversity of the bars you get there. On the other hand, many people despise the area.

You, have gogos, beer bars, hostess bars, blow job bars, thai bars, karaoke bars, "polishing" bars, lounge bars, restaurants, katoey bars (if you're into that), bloke bars (again if you're into that) japanese bars, freelancer bars, pool bars, massage parlours, normal bars all within a small area.

As mentioned above, on Patpong 1 avoid upstairs bars if you can because you'll probably be fleeced. Not all upstairs bars are a hassle though!

Patpong 2 is a more laid back soi without the night market and only has 2 or 3 gogos.

Ignore the touts - I never seem to have a problem with them however, but many people complain of this.

Patpong is cheaper for many things than Nana or Cowboy is - drinks, bar fines etc. The girls do tend to ask for a bit more but not much really and you can always bargain downwards if you so wish.

I am down there at least 3 or 4 times a week on my way home from work. You are welcome to join me for a tour if you wish.

Cheers

Farangman

Hi Farangman,

I agree with you, I like Pat Pong and find it much less expensive and less of a hassle now that I have been going for the past three years.

I agree that most of the upstairs bars can be problematic and stick mainly to the downstairs bars, unless I am showing someone new who has not seen the shows. Some of the upstairs bars are OK but there again the ladies do seem more anxious and persuasuve to get their lady drinks. Can be quite fun, especially for a newbie though.

Check out the review: "Pat Pong - over 30 good, bad & bloody awful bars!"

http://board.nanaplaza.com/rp/showproduct.php?product=162&sort=8&cat=2&page=4

Cheers,

John Betong

Thanks everyone!

Dude_Le_Rude - thanks for the pointers.

Farangman - I just might take you up on that tour. 3-4 times a week eh? You are a lucky guy! What on earth is a "polishing" bar!? Are we talking "little miss hand and her five naughty sisters" action? :-)

John_Betong - I cant get access to that link. Is it possible to copy/paste it into a post here or mail it to me? Thanks!

I have to agree and I dont know if I've been lucky but I've also noticed that any girl who I've hired from a Kings group establishment has been especially nasty in the sack and with an excellent attitude,much more so than their NEP sisters:up:.

JOJ,

I finally made it to Patpong last year after three years and nine visits. I went with some Dollhouse go go girls (Soi Cowboy). We visited King 1,2 & 3 Queen Castle, King Garden( I think those are the correct names, members correct me if I'm wrong). King 1 & 2, especially King 2 has some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life(true stunners). Please do a search on my update from last year. anyway next night I went by myself to King 2. I was approached by several girls, but none that special. Then she tappped on my shoulder, I turned around, she was absolutely "stunner" material, face, body. She wore a string for cover. We talked, I speak thai, so conversation, drinks, BF and LT. She was great. I would spend three days with her. She took me around to various thai places in Bangkok for dinner, drinking, relaxing (prices for everything was so reasonable) She took me to Hollywood & Dance fever, after she took me to eat seafood. Her lovemaking was soft and gentle, the complete GFE. I may have lucked out, because she was the only girl I ever BF'd from Patpong.

Chok dee,

HOKS

P.S. This is just my experience, I did notice alot of Japanese in the King Group go-go's, just like Rainbow 2 at NEP. Anyway keep a open-mind, watch your check-bin and have fun.

Archived