Switzerland joins Schengen 2007

elef

Guest lazyphil

We have a history with the USA, world war 2 etc (I would rather be the 51st state than get told our carrots are not straight enough by some poof in Brussells!). You Swedes are a bunch of spineless fence sitters who watched thousends of men die to your benifit because you wanted to be peace loving tree huggers! :stirthepo:soapbox::spank::tophat::scared:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not quite right my friend.

because of the way the voting works in the UK Blair (re Labour Party) only got around 25/30% of the eloctorate vote.

but because of our silly system they and he got back in.

if we had the same system in other Countries then he would have been OUT.......

our Countries voting rules SUCK.........

but what of your Country?.

in the UK we vote for Candidates in our constituenties but i refuse to vote for any of the Barstards.

none of the Candidates live in the area they are suppossed to representing and i resent this.

how can i talk to my MP if i have a problem when they live 40 Miles away?.

in Sweden do your MP's have to live in the area they represent?.

steady on Phil.

while the USA might have helped us out with supplies during WW11 they were not that quick to support us during the fighting.

it was only when thay were attacked that they decided to join in.

i still think if they had joined us in 39 then the War would have lasted Months,not Years.

Hi!

The main reason that Sweden didn't join the war was that we were not attacked. I personally doubt that either Denmark or Norway would have joined if they hadn't been attacked. This probably goeas for other countries as well.

Another thing to consider is that Sweden at the time had an army in par with Poland's and we know how well they stod up against the germans don't we.

regards

ALHOLK

vote buying in thailand and in switzerland the one with the higher advertisement budget wins election or vote!

And?!? In every country an election costs money. And money helps much more to get elected a certain party or person than to get through a referendum on a law which very often has direct effects on the voters.

If you knew Swiss politics you would know that you can't buy a referendum in Switzerland.

And another argument: It is much cheaper to buy 100 politicians than to buy 1 million citizens.

Best regards

you have no place in a modern Europe.

You are right, I totally agree, there is no place for Switzerland in such a undemocratic organisation as the EU consisting of more or less undemocratic countries. Therefore the Swiss will wait to join the EU till it is possible to have referendums and initiatives on a EU wide level and in each member country.

Best regards

Archived