Pappa - Goal!

My son is 2 yrs old. He has already got the flavour for football, but as he knows whats the purpose is he calls it for "goal". Less praiseable ways of his is checking how long 5 rolls of toilet paper are, while we take a nap. Or covering our apartment in flour, making yet another useless white house. Had a pepper trial also.

Imagination never runs out, last time it was rice all around. Ouch! Thats hard to get out behind fridge etc..

He has Viet and Norwegian as languages - picks the easiest words from each as the tounge is not up to mind.. His mum and I are the only ones who get it.. "Hei oemh" isn't something anyone here will get either I guess?

later, after all is calm - he puts his face close to mine, points a finger and smiles while talking about cars, planes, tractors. In baby language, Vietnamese and Norwegian. Life is good.

Cheers! :D

I love it when they get close like that, no fear, dad doesn;t bite, and they chat away.

My favourite time is bed time, read a book, "Turn of the eyes" which means turn of the lights, and then recap what she did that day, what was new etc, snuggled between mum and dad.

It doesn;t get better!

DOG - No 2 on the way

• 4 weeks later...

I miss my wife and son terribly now ND, when they are in Viet Nam. On 1 months holiday. I think back to all the good times we had. Tony has explained his life there on the phone. His new experiences.

Mozquitos that bite. That he manages toilet stuff. He speaks NOR better than Viet. He doesn't eat well there, its so warm.

Family is bliss, and keeps me younger. Its hard at times, but its what makes life great.

Archived