Gyms/Pools/Running

Cheers guys!

Some really useful info here, thanks a lot! Looks like I'll be able to train out there without to much difficulty. smile.gif" border="0

Looks like I owe a few people a coupla beers!(low alcohol, low-fat of course! Or stick to vodka, like me!)

There is a big crowd of joggers in Lumpini Park every early morning and late afternoon, other times it is really HOT.

There are also two outdoor gyms in this park, you can work on your tan while exercising or workout under a tree. (At 9:00 AM the weights on the top shelf will start to heat up.) The one I use is Bangkok Gym, it is the busier of the two. 200 Baht per month. Run around the park a few times and you will find both.

For running outside the city, the Hash House Harriers have six different Bangkok-based clubs (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saurday & Sunday and a monthly bike hash). Great fun usually hashing in green garden areas of Nonthaburi.

Plenty of beer consumed at a hash... you'd feel more welcome as a non-running drinker than a non-drinking runner. And we often end up at Nana or Cowboy after the runs.

This Friday's (and by coincidence Monday's) run starts 5:15 PM at the Klong Toey Port with a boat across to Prapadaeng aka "Bangkok's Lungs". All are welcome.

On On,

SD

Links to local hashes and directions to the Port at: http://www.geocities.com/bangkokmondayhhh/

I'm fully with LuisBKK on this. Silom Fitness kicks ass. But, be forewarned that many homos work out there. Just in case that is an issue for you. Nevertheless, the equipment is 1st class, for Asia, and the place has a cheap daily rate. Right by Dusit Thani, just a hop and skip off SkyTrain.

Archived