Work Visa

Is there a site that gives me info on work visas or should I just send a resume to all operations and come down for interviews. I'm not nieve about things and will arrive well funded to rent a nice house and purchase a car. I expect to pay about half my expenses from my work income and the balance from my investment income. I plan to live well while working in a job thst doesn't ay well. My plan is to learn the bisiness n roatan and thne find a business to join in as a partner,,,,I'm going to wai 6 months before I begin that search and jusr enjoy the live of a PADI Instructor. I be MSDT right after I get my 15 certs.....Can't wait to get the info I need so I'll be ready to buy that ONE WAY ticket to Paradise, Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Bob,

There are some details on the work permit process at Thaivisa.com.

I would recomend that you secure the job first, then worry about your visa.

Depending on where you get the job, they will most likely have a company lawyer to guide you through the visa process.

Best preparation you can do is to arrive on a Non B visa and don't forget to bring all your degree papers, you will probably need to have them verified and translated as well.

Regards,

You need a non-immigrant B visa to obtain a work permit.

If you are back in a western country, it's fairly easy to obtain a 1-year multiple entry non-immigrant B visa. Say you are coming over to look at business opportunities and list your background blah blah blah.

Then when you get over here and get a job, they can put you through the paces to get a work permit.

Best of luck :)

<<burp>>

Getting damned hard to get a 1 year multi-entry in SE Asia though. Ridiculous that it is easy to get one in the US and UK, but you can get no more than a 90 day one time non-immigrant in Malaysia, Laos or Cambodia. Doesn't seem to matter how many 1 year visas you have had before either. I know people who have never worked here, but have lived for years off of 1 year multi-entries from the west. TIT ...

p.s. A friend tells me he got a multi-entry non-B visa in the UK by finding the most remote consulate he could think of. (I won't name it here.) They told him he needed a letter to get it, but he didn't have it with him. (He had actually accepted a job with an NGO.) So the consul gave him a pen and paper and said he should write his own letter. He did -- and they gave him his multi-entry.

::

Thought you were already on a retirement visa? If so then no way to get a work permit.

AND even PADI instrurtors, or volunteers even, need a work permit.

You must obtain a Non Immigrant "B" visa, OUTSIDE the country, and that requires an invitation for a legitimate job, in writing, and you can now only get a single entry 90 day visa with it. If it is for your own company, then more paperwork is required.If so,come as a tourist and then contact Sunbelt Asia or other? reputable firm to guide you through the process.

Good luck

Archived