TdF 2006

limbo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sheryl is not the Mother of all of them,don't think any of them either.

the pair of them have not been together that long.

Armstrong done well,but how about a thought for a Guy named Geoff Thomas.

he is an English ex-pro Footballer who was diagonised with Cancer 18 Months ago.

he fought the curse and has recovered but decided to raise money for Cancer Research.

he and 5 others cycled the whole TDF course.

they completed the same stages as the Pro's a couple of Days beforehand each time and sometimes took 15-18 Hours to complete the stages.

he has raised over £120,000 for his cause.............:worship:

good footage of him riding the final few Km's with a glass of Champagne in his hand......... :up:

limbo said:

Lance won his 7th in a fanastic way. Respect to him.

Just a question tho, wtaching the ceremony yesterday, he was posing with his 3 kids, is Sheryll the mum of these kids? Just interested.

Well done indeed, just like I predicted.

The kids are all 3 his from his previous marriage.

Watch next year for 4 teams :

CSC with Ivan Gotti who just signed another 3 year contract there

TMobile as usual with Der Jan as biggest looser

Discovery with Hinkepie and Popovitch

Phonac with some Spaniards and with Axel Merckx who never received permission to race 100 % this year.

BB

"Armstrong done well,but how about a thought for a Guy named Geoff Thomas.

he is an English ex-pro Footballer who was diagonised with Cancer 18 Months ago.

he fought the curse and has recovered but decided to raise money for Cancer Research.

PR>>> Same with Lance after his succesful fight with testicular cancer before his run of 7 straight TdeF wins. As a present chemo recipient, these are almost unbelievable accomplishments.

I am glad its over, I doubt most of us ever even thought about the tour before Lance , but in the last few years its just got boring with him always winning....

just like Shumaker in F-1

or the old Yankees in there heyday,

next year the Tour will be more interesting with it up for grabs,

OC

bit some distinct differances between Thomas and Armstrong.

Armstrong was already a Pro cyclist before the Cancer struck.

he has a Heart a third larger than normal,so his oxygen intake is much higher.

and he has larger than normal Femurs which are ideal for climbing the Hills and for long sustained cycling.

while Thomas was a Footballer,it was a long time ago and while he had probably kept up a certain level of fitness he was a total novice to cycling.

while i admire Armstrong for his achievement i still think Thomas should get a lot more kudos.

as has been said here,the next Tour will be interesting as it will now be so open with a lot of potential winners and will be more exciting IMO.

Archived