TdF 2006

limbo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
limbo said:

Probably one for BB,

Who are the respective National champions? Apparently Leon van Bon won the Dutch title.

Your wishes are my command :D : http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationale_kampioenschappen_wielrennen scroll down and find the most important ones.....

BTW, most competition will still be from T-Mobile, but I think that Vinokoerov will be more dangerous to Amstrong than Ulrich.

BB

Just watched Stage 5, and I admit for years I have watched this, over 15 years,

Nothing against Lance Armstrong, who is a pretty cool bloke, even refusing to wear the yellow jersey because he won it when the previous owner fell by accident, but how the fuck does a race, where the blokes who win the final stage, having raced the same distance as everyone else, don?t win!

Out of the top 10 sprinters, 4 Aussies ? good to see!

However, if we are talking F1 I can give you the simple formula, Winner 10 points, then 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Add them up at end of season, winner!

There are various stages through the day?s race. Some of the stage?s aimed at mountain climbers, some for the sprinters and some for the yellow jersey.

The formula is quite difficult, and not simple.

Looking at the stage 1 - 5

Lance Armstrong:

Stage 1 ? 2nd

Stage 2 ? 63rd

Stage 3 - 87th

Stage 4 ? 1st

Stage 5 ? 45th

Ave: 39.6

Robbie McEwan (Another Aussie Sprinter, it?s all we make

Stage 1 ?80th

Stage 2 ?3rd

Stage 3 ? 186th

Stage 4 ? 71st

Stage 5 ? 1st

Ave: 68.2

Stuart O'Grady

Stage 1 42nd

Stage 2 4th

Stage 3 4th

Stage 4 132

Stage 5 5th

Ave 37.4

So you?d think in the overall standings O?Grady would be somewhere even or above Armstrong, and McEwan way below O?Grady

NOPE

Armstrong ? 1st

O?Grady ? 85th!!!!!! (below McEwan!!!!!)

McEwan ? 60th (Above O?Grady, who has a better average)

Armstrong?s winning! 2 good results, 3 crap ones!

You think that makes a difference? Nope ? no difference at all

One day you could come 12th, and get the same number of points as someone who came in 60th, IF your in the same group!

OR, you could come in 13th, but if you?re a set time in front of the person who comes in 14th, you get more points!

The thing is you get point and penalties. Your team sometime has to help you, other times it can?t,

You get different points for different types of race days, prologues, time trials and other things.

Kind of like in F1 if the gave points for fasted Pit Stop, fastest Qualifying, and Fastest Lap times, then made a formula which gave you a winner of say Toyota!

Hey, simple, can someone explain it to me? How do they calculate the points?

DOG

ND,

To the best of my knowledge, flat stages like now for the sprinters, have a certain way of giving points.

Mountain stages and time trials may have lesser points to give away for the green jersey.

During the stage you can collect at least twice points at marked points. where the sprinters sometimes work hard to get these points.

Archived