SEX PISTOLS REFORM WITH J. ROTTEN for LIVE 8!

Mentors

:doah: After PINK FLOYD - also SEX PISTOLS reforms for LIVE 8!

Punk band The Sex Pistols are reportedly reforming for the Live 8 event in Hyde Park.

The News of the World claims that Bob Geldof contacted the former band members John Lydon, Steve Jones, Glen Matlock and Paul Cook two weeks ago, but they finally accepted the invite over the weekend.

A source told the newspaper: "The others said ?Yes' straight away but Johnny took his time. He knew the rest of the band had given the reunion the green light so in the end he agreed.

"No one ever thought they would see the day that the Sex Pistols would reform. But because Live 8 is such a special event it has made it possible. And it wouldn't have been the same without Johnny."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds21934.html

:drunk::chili::medusa::spin::beer:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ever 'ad the feeling you've been cheated?" J.Lydon 1977.

They will do after this load of sanctimonious Geldof codswallop is finished.

Incidentally - Pistols DID reform a few years back and played a massive gig at Finsbury Park - and yes Lydon was there. (Sid couldn't make it but it made no difference as he never really played in the band in the first place DID HE GLEN?) so that's fucked up all this toss about Live8 making it possible.

Live8? FLOBKWIM*. Feed Africa? My arse. Cancel debt? Right...

The Live Aid bollocks the last time was a huge con - as was the distribution of the stuff it bought.

Mugabe can help - he's in charge of a country that was an exporter of food.

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS - HERE'S THE EX-LEAD SINGER OF THE BOOMTOWN RATS.

*Fucking Load Of Bollocks, Know What I Mean?

Hi!

Mugabe can help - he's in charge of a country that was an exporter of food.

Unfortunately the whities are avery small minority in Africa so if he kills the whole bally lot of them it won't make much differance. Africa will still remain a dump.

regards

ALHOLK

In all seriousness though - and there will be someone that can help with the specifics - I read in the Spectator (Ye-e-e-e-s? says somebody, possibly from Liverpool) a very interesting article by the BBC guy that filed the report that kicked off the original Live Aid / Band Aid thang in 1986.

20 years later and he told the whole story - a rather interesting account that revealed the politics and the real causes of that famine.

Oh sod it. I'll research it properly and come back. I'm pushed for time here right now.

Meanwhile:

I don't want a holiday in the sun.

Aw, fuck - just found this piece of wisdom by Noel Gallagher and pissed myself laughing (well, not literally).

NOEL GALLAGHER is convinced LIVE 8 will never achieve its lofty aim of persuading politicians from the world's richest countries to eliminate debt owed by poorer nations.

He says, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is on a quick 15 minute break at Gleneagles (in Scotland) and sees ANNIE LENNOX singing SWEET DREAMS and thinks, 'Fuck me, she might have a point there, you know?'

Hi!

NOEL GALLAGHER is convinced LIVE 8 will never achieve its lofty aim of persuading politicians from the world's richest countries to eliminate debt owed by poorer nations.

Politicians have never been interresed in anything else than their own career and they never will.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived