MicroSoft AntiSpywareBeta1

Guest baldrick

You don't need the Software Id for to download MSAntispyware. The validation will be done online and MS just checks if your ID is on a black list. My windows if from the net and it was valitdated nevertheless.::

If your ID is blacklisted you can even change the key. There are some tools out for it and even MS explained on their own home page how to do it. ::

Straycat said:

Yup! As you said there is a sticker on back side of the lap top (see bibblies, that's helpful advice...btw, I thought you had a Dell lap top too?) :angel:

I do. I'd just go to the support site before thinking of looking on the underneath. I also KNOW my Dell support tag's written there but I still always go to the site and let their little control work it out rather than turn my machine over and type it in myself. ::

Dell support forums are pretty good btw (as opposed to the main advice. For instance, they told me I could easily upgrade to a DVD-rewriter when the official advice said it wasn't possible for my machine).

LazyPhil...thanks for the tip. I never d/loaded SP2 as I didn't want all the other MS files, which would probably screw up my laptop, I only wanted their anti-virus proggie. I did d/load the Beta version, and as others stated, no problems nor any conflicts with my other similar viral/asware proggies. The MS proggie didn't find problems, so my other anti-virus files are seemingly doing their job.

I was concerned that the MS site wanted you to verify the validity of their software (XT, Office, etc), but was happy that they also allow you to d/load the anti-viral proggie without having your other software validated as legal. Good thing, as the last time I actually paid for legal MS software was their very first Windoze GUI interface...and that was decades ago.

lazyphil said:

Any good. I just downloaded it and am running it. No conflicts (so far) with Ad Adware, SpywareBlaster and Spybot or AVG

That Microsoft didn't put the main spyware on it's delete list is a shame, as I just read in your link.

Anyway, I still use it as additional protection, since I am running Adaware and Spybot as well, since a recent report in the German ct' magazine showed that no antispyware program is able to find and delete all threats.

Archived