Angeles City: a few questions

samak

Yes, in AC your 'tour guide' receives 50% of the barfine at the end of the month so no need to include a tip ala Thailand or Manila. Chances are, you'll do some barhopping with her and end up buying a few more Ladies drinks for her and her friends. If she lives up to your expectations though, you might be considerate and give her 70-100 pesos for her trike fare home (never mind the fact that local rates for trikes only cost 30 pesos and girls usually pile into them and split the fare). Whatever you do..DO NOT get suckered into tipping like you would in Thailand. If you cozy up to one for a few days, then a tad more might be in order, but personally, I'm sick of hearing punters talk about how they gave little Miss Maricel, or Jenna or whomever anywhere from 500 - 1000 pesos " 'cause she was so sweet!"

Best,

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for this

i was already there in the meanwhile (this was actually my third time; first time was around 14 years ago just after the Pinatubo eruption); therefore i have no questions anymore!

wow, living for 13 years in Angeles! what did you do for a living; why did you leave?

• 2 weeks later...
Scoot said:

I'm sick of hearing punters talk about how they gave little Miss Maricel, or Jenna or whomever anywhere from 500 - 1000 pesos " 'cause she was so sweet!"

no offense, but this is VERY bad advise.

It's common knowledge that a normal tip in the morning is P500 (approx B375). I live in the philippines (Manila) and run PIAdventures.com, I would say that I have been to Angeles easily 15+ times this year alone.

Swagman does have a bus service called "Fly the Bus". Basically you pay for the airport transfer to their hotel and then wait. MOST people will not wait though (for a bus?!?! ugh) and hire a private car. Cars are generally P2200 (B1575) and van's are P2400 (B1700), with the driver meeting you right outside customs exit hall.

Archived