Angeles City: a few questions

samak

have done a search, but found mainly trip reports and infos about bars

a couple of questions:

what kind of transfer from Manila downtown to angeles are available. costs?

what other leisure activities are available beside barhopping?

anybody can recommend a decent, clean hotel with pool and walking distance to bar areas? a friend recommended Sunset Garden Inn; any good?

anybody knows a online map of angeles city?

thanks!

samak said:

have done a search, but found mainly trip reports and infos about bars

a couple of questions:

what kind of transfer from Manila downtown to angeles are available. costs?

what other leisure activities are available beside barhopping?

anybody can recommend a decent, clean hotel with pool and walking distance to bar areas? a friend recommended Sunset Garden Inn; any good?

anybody knows a online map of angeles city?

Hi samak, I have a bit of experience with AC and here is some info. that might help you.

I always use the Margarita Station transport from Manila to AC. I usually take it from the airport directly to my hotel in AC, but I am sure you could arrange a pickup anywhere in Manila. Check out www.theville.com for more info on current pricing, online reservation, etc.

IMHO not much to do during the day in AC except:

a. Sleep

b. Eat

c. Go to the bars again

On the latter, you will find plenty of fun bars open in the early afternoon.

I suppose you could always arrange day trips to the beach or Pinatubo, but I generally like to just relax from the prior night's fun.

Never heard of the hotel your friend mentioned, but I have stayed in both the Orchid Inn and the Central Park Hotel both a stone's throw away from the action and eliminating the usage of those pesky trikes. I prefer the latter because it is a bit cheaper and I just love the staff there. If you want a pool, though, go with the more expensive Orchid Inn, just down the street.

You can probably find a map on the same site I gave you.

Also, I recommend the 'ville for eats daily.

Enjoy your trip. :) [color:"purple"] [/color]

The only thing I found in AC to do during the day was lounge around the hotel pool at the Orchard Inn and recover from a hangover. Also there is Santos Street(aka Blow Row). Finally, you can go to an internet cafe and watch the Flip girls in chat rooms lure foreign men into their tawdry little webs.

Sunset Garden Inn is not really within walking distance to the bars.. Distance wise it is if you don't mind walking, after dark the trip from the hotel to the bar district is not well lighted and muggings in that area are not uncommon.

Best

Samak. Have a look at my trip report a while back 18 months or so.

I think also its the Swagman (?) Bar in manila that offers an ac bus up to AC.

Pinatabo is quite a nice day trip but you only get about 2 hours or so when you get there. Its a very early start about 6ish and you get back about 5-6pm Watch out though. It can be VERY uncomfortable in the jeep. The jeep only had seats in the front. Wonderful, not. I had bruises all over my back and legs because the fuckwit of a driver decided it would be great fun to drive at 30 mph over bumps. Me and the other guy in the back were literally sitting on bare metal and sliding into wheel arches etc

And yes, when i was there i was told by people who live there that they never walk outside Fields Ave after dark. Just too dangerous.

Will try and upload a photo for you.

• 3 weeks later...

The price now for bar fines varies from bar to bar some are 1000peso some are 1200 peso and some have just gone to 1300 peso.

And if you want one of the "model dancers" at doll house they will set you back even more.

As for the tip ...... "up to you"

Archived