New Mercure Pattaya

Prosal

The new 250 rooms Mercure Pattaya on Second Road (couldn't find the exact location, yet it seems to be in front of the Royal Garden) has finally opened.

It features a "modern urban-resort design", and will have 4 Food & Beverage outlets (including a 24 hours restaurant and a jazz bar) and a large freeform outdoor swimming pool.

It seems good, yet cheap : rates are around 1100 baths.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Also, is the place is guest friendly (I often return with two )"

I can't see any reasons why it wouldn't be. The Regency Park, the two Novotels and the Sofitel in Bangkok, all branches of Accor (as Mercure), are guest-friendly ; the old Mercure in North Pattaya, now Cholchan Resort, was also without problems, even for two girls.

Yet 1100 baths is so low that it seems to be a promotional opening rate. IMO it could increase for the high season.

:dunno:

Prosal,

The 1100 baht charge IS a promo deal. The actual price without the promotion is 2000 baht a night for these same rooms from what I saw on the site. I'll check it out soon as I get there. Promised my wife we'd go there for our anniversary and hit the town for a good meal and a show. She's never been to the big katoey show in Pattaya. :-) And I get to do the beach for the day-time sun and farang show a couple of days, or the new pool at least. (Looks nice. What the hell is a 'free-form' swimming pool?) :-) Plus, well, it is Pattaya, and always a blast.

Cent

Archived