New Mercure Pattaya

Prosal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not well located. It's on Soi 15 and if you're like most of us you didn't even know there was a Soi 15 in Pattaya. ::

From S. Pattaya Road going North on 2nd Road just past Pattayaland 2 on the left and before Pattayaland 1, on the right hand side of 2nd Road is a liquor store on a corner and if you turn right you are on Soi 15 :)

The soi goes East for a 100+ yards and then curves North for several hundred yards passing on the left the block walls that act as barriers to the rear of the properties of Welcome Plaza, Royal Palace and the Royal Twin Palace Hotels, all of whom are accessed from 2nd Road.

The Mercure Hotel is on the East side of the soi just before it turns right. There is nothing on this lonely stretch of the soi except the hotel. Well ok, there are 3 or 4 land-locked fishing boats on the property just North of the hotel.

The soi then turns East again and tees into Soi Buakhao about a 100 yards South of Soi Diana. To maybe locate it better, if Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) was extended East of 2nd Road it would intersect the Mercure Hotel.

The hotel is the completion of the shell of a hotel that was left unfinished maybe as long as 15 years ago according to a local I've talked to. Access to 2nd Road is currently by moto taxi and today when I walked by there was only one guy available. I'd think the hotel will have to offer some sort of transportation to 2nd Road and it's likely the hotel will be mainly for package tourists using buses for transport at least for now. What may be eventually good for the location is that the land just across the road (former sites of the Palm Villa Hotel and Vientiane Restaurant) is said to be the site for a shopping mall which would likely be accessible from the hotel as then would be 2nd Road. :)

-redwood

"I've had problems with both".

I've stayed maybe 15 times in Regency Park, some of my friends have stayed there as well, and I've never had or heard of a problem. A few years ago they didn't even asked IDs to the girls, but that changed recently. The hindu General Manager, Vikaran Shivdasani, is a very nice guy that I know since a long time and with who I've had lunch sometimes ; I can tell you than he doesn't see any problems with guests bringing back girls in his hotel.

Same for Novotel Siam Square. I stayed there almost 5 entire weeks last year, of course girls had to leave IDs at the security, but there was no hassle or extra fee. BTW many punters in CM2 are guests of the hotel and use their rooms for ST.

I don't understand how you've had problems in those hotels.

:dunno:

elef,

Hahahahaha. Yep, I know. I even fell asleep during one of the two shows (forget which one now). Saw them both many years ago with different lasses. But she'll likely like the shows anyway. They all seem to like those funny, creative and frisky katoeys and gush over how beautiful they are. I find it amusing and amazing how some of them are more feminine than any lady I've ever met, (especially a lot of the western cows) and they do put on a great show, one of them at least, the one I didn't fall asleep at. I'll let my wife choose the show! :: :up::wave:

Cent

Redwood,

So can you walk to Soi Bukhao from the hotel? (That's where i usually stay now anyway, the Siam Sawasdee Hotel-the purple place.) I don't like the lack of transport really, but if it's a short walk to Bukhao or Diana it shouldn't be too bad. So you were walking past, coming or going where? Close enough to walk to another place top hail a baht bus?

When did they tear down the Vientaine Restaurant? I loved that place! Did they relocate elsewhere? I also love to eat at the Thai House Restaurant when ever I am in town. Love the seafoods and the flaming coffees. Nice show for the wife and kids as well.

Cent

Cent,

Go to the thread "Vientiene Restaurant, Pattaya" in the food forum.

I, too, enjoy Baan Thai (ThaiHouse) on Pattaya Nua up from the Dolphin Turnabout. I reckon so.

Yours (snip)

"When did they tear down the Vientaine Restaurant? I loved that place! Did they relocate elsewhere? I also love to eat at the Thai House Restaurant when ever I am in town. Love the seafoods and the flaming coffees. Nice show for the wife and kids as well."

Cent

Cent said:

Redwood,

So can you walk to Soi Bukhao from the hotel?

When did they tear down the Vientaine Restaurant?

Cent

Yes, it's maybe a 5-7 minute walk to Soi Buakhao down Soi 15. This portion of the soi is mostly undeveloped land and there's no sidewalk, but it is wide enough so you can walk in relative safety. Walking at night you'd be taking a chance on getting hit by a drunk or possibly being mugged :: Then as I say it's maybe another 100 yards to the Buakhao-Soi Diana intersection. There might be the occasional baht bus passing the hotel but as it's not on the route you'd have to bargain the price.

Vientiane was knocked down the end of March I think it was. There's so much ripping and tearing going on here it's really hard to keep track of what's happening construction wise. It relocated quite a way down Walking St. on the water side just across from the Nang Nual restaurant. I'm told menu and prices are the same but it no longer has the ambience of old.

-redwood

Archived