Energy Crisis

chelseafan

Can someone on the ground explain how serious the energy crisis is becoming in LOS. I've heard reports that TS is looking to close down bars on Mondays, closing golf-ranges after 9pm and closing petrol stations after 10pm I know there is a water shortage, but how bad is it ?

Chelseafan,

Well, there is no longer a water shortage in Surin at least. They got so much rain the other day it even flooded my Soi AND my fucking house as well my wife told me yesterday. Can't wait to get back. :: :( ::

Feast or famine, drought or flood. Luckily she got the persian carpet up in time and the stereo equipment up high.

Cent

p.s. I do know the price of everything is skyrocketing lately due to the fuel cost increases. What the hell closing things on Mondays will accomplish is beyond me. I do know a lot of Thais seem to be clueless to energy-saving techniques, at least in my family. I have to yak at their leaving on lights and stuff (tv, stereo, fans, etc.) when they leave the house a lot of times. Taksin wants things to happen immediately just because he wants it to happen. He doesn't seem to realize it takes years/decades to change peoples habits and to teach them new ones.

I think many poor countries are in the same boat,

if they do not have their own oil a large percentage of the countries earnings goes away just to buy oil.

Thats whats happening in LOS, saving energy will help , but not sure if Monday mornings will,

I remember being in Italy in 1974 and you could not drive on Sundays to save energy,

Here in the USA we had odd/even days where you could fill up.

so there are lots more things to try , and some might even work :)

I recall thecontrived energy shortages of the 80's. In Fact I just read that adjusted for inflation, Oil was higher back then, the adjusted rate was something like $90 USd a barrel...in todays terms. So well, more Bullshit to make that elite few even more rich...fuck them.

Archived