is my bg dying (?)

ok, so a bit of a strange story (maybe you have an opinion):

found this fab little 23 yr old bg with lots of energy and smiles on ko samet, and took her (the wrong way) to pattaya to hang out for a few days and hit some discos...

she SEEMED very healthy except for a night cough (which a couple of times seemed to choke her)... ok, maybe this should have been my FIRST warning sign, but don't they ALL have that cough (at least the ones that smoke)

on the last night we went out for a few drinks and planned on hitting some discos later, she had 3 spys in about a 90 min period and then started saying she wanted to go to the hotel right away and take a shower cause she was 'so hot'....

ok, off we go to find the motorbike, halfway down beach rd. 1 she starts flipping out and asking me in thai if she's alright!?!?

she says she's 'burning up' and also keeps having these pains (left side of her back up by her shoulder, and one in her belly, and one down her left arm) she looks pretty scared and i know i sure as fuck am, so i sit her down, run for the bike (and of course i'm reduced to plugging in my key in almost every avail bike cause i couldn't remember the number) wink.gif" border="0

on the ride home i'm scared she's going to fall off, or take me with her because she's almost dead weight, get her home she jumps in the bathtub and i sit there out of my mind for the next 15 min spashing cold water over her, she's really out of it and then after 10-15min she suddenly 'snaps' out of it, laughs and says 'sometime i get too hot and need water'

she lays down on the bed and sleeps the rest of the night. a really deep sleep.

the next day im scared shitless as i did give her head she was kind enough to not tell me she was min.... so i was waiting to come down with whatever she may have had...

we ate lunch where she had a few more pains in her left arm and her back... and recounted to me how a little while back (i couldnt tell if it was 9 months or if she was nine years old) she had fits where blood would come out of her mouth/nose... her mama sent her to the hospital and as soon as he got the needle out she ran back home and was sick - laying like a dead person in bed for 9 months....

i had to come back to the states, but am really worried about her.

her friend laughed it off the next day and said it was because of her min, and the fact she drank 3 spys, and had a kind of panic attack....

anyone ever heard of anything like this(?)

crazy.gif" border="0

Ummm, I have not heard of exactly those symptoms. I have seen similar reactions by girls using drugs. Do you know how to watch for other symptoms of drug use?

I am actually hoping this is the cause. I don't like the direction my thoughts are taking hearing about a persistant cough.

Good luck,

James

no, i suppose i didn't consider she might be on something.

i suppose it makes sense tho... the suddeness of it.

but the next day she still had some of the pains... i also admit, i did a fairly serious check of her small overnight bag while she was at the pool... just one of those curious kind of guys... and found NOTHING.

my intuition says it wasn't drugs.

what was it about the cough (?)

My other thoughts were along the line of TB. I have a friend with it in Pattaya and it can be a bitch. Wish he'd quit smoking. But TB is contagious and can be tough to beat. It is more prevalent in LOS than you might think.

I think the best advice given you is from Jack - get her to a doctor. They know stuff like this wink.gif" border="0

i am here,

The fact is nobody can tell you what is going on because of the paucity of definitive information. She has a cough-is it due to smoking or bronchitis from an infectious agent? She was hot-is it from a fever, facial flushing from histamine release, vasodilation from alcohol, etc.? A small person taking three drinks in 90 minutes could just have gotten wiped out from excess alcohol. As one poster said TB can cause a cough and night sweats, but there are many other things that can cause it too. Going from the possibility of TB to the possibility of AIDS is really tenuous, but not nearly as tenuous as the individual who thinks this lady is a long-term drug abuser with severe hypertension. Creating a whole scenario on this basis without one BP reading or one positive urine drug screen,etc. is really unfair.

This girl probably had a smoker's cough and maybe a touch of the flu, drank too much maybe because of menstrual cramps, and got wiped out.

I have some medical training and my sister is a doctor so I consulted her too. (She's cool: I told her the full facts.) She agreed with my conclusion that your lady's symptoms could well denote hypertension (severely high blood pressure) caused either by high levels of stress, chronic alcoholism or long-term drug (amphetamine, cocaine or heroin) usage or most liklely a combination of the three. The fact that she suffered intense hot flushes after taking alcohol is a giveaway with regards to possible alcoholism, and the episode you witnessed is a typical reaction to a sudden panic attack. If her hosptal anecdote dates from 9 months ago it would back up this diagnosis (they would have been attempting to give her an injection of an anti-hypertensive agent to lower the blood pressure and decrease risk of a heart attack): if it's from when she was nine it's probably not linked. The cough may also be non-related, and none of the symptoms you describe, taken individually or together, would strongly suggest HIV. I could well be mistaken, and she really ought to see a proper doctor. He would probably recommend beta-blockers or a diuretic plus a mineral and vitamin supplement. A bar-girl's lifestyle is probably not the best recipe for combatting a high blood pressure scenario. The only think you are likely to have caught from her is high blood pressure yourself due to worrying about the whole affair, so relax and, if you can contact her, tell her to get checked up (if she's scared of needles, there are lots of orally administered antihypertensive treatments). Good luck. smile.gif" border="0

not nearly as tenuous as the individual who thinks this lady is a long-term drug abuser with severe hypertension. Creating a whole scenario on this basis without one BP reading or one positive urine drug screen,etc. is really unfair.

I agree with you Tomc12 and apologise if my post reads pompously. I was just trying to give some helpful advice to a guy who was clearly worried. The scenario I was hypothesising was meant to be quite a cheerful and positive one actually: high blood pressure's no big deal (certainly when compared to HIV or TB). And I wasn't being at all judgemental with regard to possible drug use. Good luck to her; I'm an alcoholic myself. wink.gif" border="0

That's why I said (twice) and still say that the best thing is if she gets herself examined by a proper doctor. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

high blood pressure's no big deal (certainly when compared to HIV or TB).

The best thing for you to do is probably not to give medical advise. I would agree that high blood pressure is preferable to being HIV positive. The other thing that high blood pressure is more desirable than TB, well that would depend on a lot of things.

In any case, TB is often treatable, one takes the drugs (I omit now the problem with resistant strains etc.) and after some time one can be cured. High blood pressure never disappears and when neglected will reduce your life span and make you prone to various cardiac diseases.(of course, I would make a big difference to just have mild hypertension or the more severe kinds)

quote:

Originally posted by fiery jack:

I have some medical training and my sister is a doctor so I consulted her too. (She's cool: I told her the full facts.) She agreed with my conclusion that your lady's symptoms could well denote hypertension (severely high blood pressure) caused either by high levels of stress, chronic alcoholism or long-term drug (amphetamine, cocaine or heroin) usage or most liklely a combination of the three. The fact that she suffered intense hot flushes after taking alcohol is a giveaway with regards to possible alcoholism, and the episode you witnessed is a typical reaction to a sudden panic attack. If her hosptal anecdote dates from 9 months ago it would back up this diagnosis (they would have been attempting to give her an injection of an anti-hypertensive agent to lower the blood pressure and decrease risk of a heart attack): if it's from when she was nine it's probably not linked. The cough may also be non-related, and none of the symptoms you describe, taken individually or together, would strongly suggest HIV. I could well be mistaken, and she really ought to see a proper doctor. He would probably recommend beta-blockers or a diuretic plus a mineral and vitamin supplement. A bar-girl's lifestyle is probably not the best recipe for combatting a high blood pressure scenario. The only think you are likely to have caught from her is high blood pressure yourself due to worrying about the whole affair, so relax and, if you can contact her, tell her to get checked up (if she's scared of needles, there are lots of orally administered antihypertensive treatments). Good luck.
smile.gif" border="0

Hey Fiery Jack where you from, Stoke, I was in Burlsem last week,they have some fine ladies in that little town

wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Archived