FAVOURITE CITIES

sayjann

The fifth city I forgot: Vienna, Austria no doubt, Schonbrunn castle, the beautifull inner courts of houses, the heurige where you can sit in the garden with a caraffe of delicious young white wine whilst you fill your plate from the buffet, wandering on the banks of the Donau and around the cathedral (Alexander Platz?) and taste that famous Vienna cake Sachertorte, where? at Sachers for sure... The magnificient park outside town with the great view on the city, all the italian icecream parlors, etc etc....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Favorite places as well as citys would be easier sayjan if ok by you? (as my first post was just me being daft)

Peak District National Park (gods country)

Devon

Krabi

Austrian Alps

San Francisco

Cambridge

Grand Canyon National Park

London

Patong Beach

Best city to chill out and clear your head:Amsterdam

Most charming city:Christchurch

Best city for an adrenaline rush:Queenstown, New Zealand

Best American city:San Francisco

Worst American city:Detroit(sorry, no offense)

Most dangerous city:Bogota, Columbia

My favorite city:Pattaya

i also liked Vienna when i visited to see a Football Match.

but i had gone on the cheap and had no Hotel and had to walk the streets pissed in the middle of winter.

finally met a couple of fellow Football Fans and they smuggled me into their Hotel around 4 in the Morning.

but i got caught in the Morning trying to sneak out and had to pay for staying.

but i took the chance to walk around the Town for around 5 Hours before my flight and found it beautiful.

as you know i will always agree with you on Patong Beach,heaven to me.......... :beer:

but i think the Scottish Highlands beat the Peak District hands down.

i spent 5 Years running driving all around Scotland and loved the place and people........... :grinyes:

Guest lazyphil

I'm sure the Highlands are great, but the Peak District is near enough for a long weekend and has such diversity. Vienna is beautiful, had an afternoon there after flying in there with the mrs before driving with our friends to their hometown of Linz which I also think is beautiful and I imagine less visited by Brits?.....I dont recall seeing any

Guest lazyphil

Doesn't it have a 'victim' culture.....Whos that bloke, Boris somefella...had to say sorry for suggesting Scousers like to be victims.........victims of car theft perhaps? :grinyes:.....Carla Lane another Scouser or wannabe, oops wrong thread......

Archived