Staying in Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I don't have much to add to the transportation and safe issues. I personally keep a smaller amount of money stacked in my luggag and everything else in the safe. Someone pointed out the risk of taking a overcrowded mini van. I have personal experience of this although the risk should be lower now then in high season.

I can give you a few pointers to hotels. Apex hotel on 2:nd rd. has a sign up that they have vaccancies and ther rate is 450 baht.

On soi Honey Inn both Bay Breeze and Intown Holiday should be in this range. I have stayed at both these hotels so I know that they are god hotels in this price range.

The aforementioned hotels are all in a good location for night life and ther are heaps of other hotels in this area that are priced similarily.

regards

ALHOLK

Pat from Jersey. I think you are my brother in law and I claim my 5 pounds.

If you are then you are not staying at the fucking Nana when you come over. Clear?

(Bangkok? St Helier? - Ah, no difference. I've been to the go-go's on the infamous Rouge Bouillon and the Fort Regent sex shows have to be seen to be believed)

Since you will be visiting over the Christmas/New year holiday period you would be well advised to book your room in Pattaya well in advance, the better hotels get filled quite early. Also if you are planning to return to BKK prior to departure, book this in advance as well.

Regarding accommodation could recommend the following

Honey Lodge - near start of Walking street, about opposite bamboo bar - 500 baht / night

Diann Inn - a bit better standard than Honey. On corner of second road and soi Diana. 600 baht / night.

Re go-gos, try Shark bar and club, Heavens above and Peppermint.

When you get to Ptty tell the baht bus guy you're staying in the Victoria on Soi Yodsak. The baht bus will drop you right at the end of the soi on Beach Rd and it's a hop skip and jump to the pub. They've got rooms above and they're 500. You're only in town for 2 days so it won't matter too much about your room. This place is a pub plus it's on a soi full of short time bars.

Bay Breeze is not bad, just round corner from the Apex if that's full. Apex 450 and Bay Breeze 600.

Not more than 500 baht a day? I suggest working some overtime and bringing a little more money :)

About taking the bus: When you get to Ekkamai bus station, there are buses to Pattaya on the left of the station. Don't take these. These are local buses and can take over 4-hours to get there. After you buy the ticket at the window, you pickup the bus on the platform at the back of the station.

<<burp>>

In a rush so don't know if this has been on the thread but...any of the Sawasdee chain are fine. Out of season I am getting a good rate of 350 a night at the one on Soi 11 near Beach Road end if 2 of us show up. Usual is 500 and that's what I'm expecting to pay tomorrow night.

I keep meaning to join their 'club' where you get automatic discount (and a free T-shirt - I like free T-shirts).

What Gummigut sez about the 'slow bus'. Absolutely fucking correct! Avoid any bus with an orange stripe.

I'm forced to use these but I'm coming in the opposite direction and often it's worth shelling out for a taxi. 3 hours to travel 60 miles ffs!

Archived