Staying in Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

Can anyone provide easy-to-follow instructions on how to get from the Nana Hotel to Pattaya? Also, I heard the "Diamond A Go-Go" was a nice joint to visit in Pattaya. Any comments? Lastly, I would likely stay 2 nights in Pattaya and want to do so for less than 500 baht per night, since my hotel is already paid for at the Nana. Any suggestions as to hotels in Pattaya? Thanks (as usual) for your help. -Pat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat,

I have to ask:

were you a Boy Scout? You are probably the most prepared individual I have ever seen. (no offense)

three ways to get to Pattaya.

cheap - take the Skytrain to Ekkamai Station, go to the bus station, next to the Skytrain. Take a public air con bus to Pattaya. A bus leaves about every hour from 6am? (will you be up that early??)

what 30 baht for skytrain? 150 for the bus? fuck if I remember.

more expensive: book a mini van from a travel agent, heading to Pattaya, any little agent near Suk can do this. Walk down Soi 4 to the Woraburi, you can book their Pattaya Hotel and the mini van (maybe the van is free??) at the same time.

what? something like 250 or 350 for the minivan?

return?

OR, the easiest, book a private car to take you, negotiate with the driver, pay about 1,000 - 1,200

one way. maybe you have to pay the highway tolls on top of that. just be clear with the driver that you are NOT paying for gas, you are paying one way, etc. etc. Ask any taxi hanging out down around the Woraburi on Soi 4, or walk over to Soi 8, near the Stable Lodge or Promenade Hotels. or, on Soi 2, near the Rajah. Outside on the sois. booking a private car through any hotel will cost a little more since they take a cut.

find another punter to ride with, and take a cab. for 20-25$ it is easy and door to door.

Peace!

Thank you for that! I am the adventurous type and choose to use mass transit whenever possible (I believe it helps me get the full flavor of the culture). No, not a boyscout (ever). I do believe in spontaneity, but I have gone on vacation in the past without "plans" and found I did not accomplish much. Is it "safe" to leave cash in the hotel room at Nana (hidden, of course), or do you suggest the safe at the lobby is more secure?

Avoid: Cascades, Cassanova, Lollipop?

lol. see ya!

Is it "safe" to leave cash in the hotel room at Nana (hidden, of course), or do you suggest the safe at the lobby is more secure

I am not stalking you (Honest!)

I have missed out on the Nana Hotel experiance - I didn't even know about NEP on my first trip, let alone Nana Hotel!

But having had a good chat a long time ago with someone who had more than a passing interest in finding "hiding places" in Hotel rooms I soon became convinced that nowhere in a Hotel room is safe or is a new idea.

I have no idea about the safe at the Nana lobby - but wherever I have been in Thailand I have always used whatever lobby safe deposit service they have, with no incident (so far!). I also have hard luggage with a combination lock, in which I can store / hide things from the "prying fingers" of my latest gal. The downside is that I am sometimes too pissed to be able to see the numbers.......................... :o

Don't ever take a minivan, cramped, they put 10 guys in there, what if you have 5 heavy sweating elephant weighting farangs in there, where do they stow the luggage? etc.

Get to ekkamai and take the bus, make sure it's a direct bus, then you will have to suffer touts arranging transport to your hotel from the Pattya bus station, close to impossible to avoid them.

never leave cash in your hotel room. someone has thought of that hiding spot before.

never leave anything valuable. you never know who might have copies of the keys... I would fear former guests of the hotel more than current staff.

I am not sure about the Nana safety boxes, but many have a clasp you can add on your own lock. so, bring your own little lock and do not lose the key!

a small, strong lock can also be bought anywhere on the street on Sukhumvit from a street seller.

I have never had a problem using the lobby safe anywhere in the world...

When you get to Pattaya Bus Station (from Ekkamai) there is usually loads of buses that will bring you into the centre of Pattay, usually down Beach Road so depending on where your hotel is and the amount of luggage you have you should have no problem.

All tis for 20 to 30 Baht.

Be warned though that they do pack you into these 'buses' so keep the luggae to a minimum.

Since you are staying at the Nana hotel just visit the travel agency in the lobby and book your transportation there. That?s what I do anyway. For around B300, they pick you up with a minivan in front of the hotel, then you transfer to an air conditioned bus out on the highway which takes you to the Pattaya bus station (usually). There they have another minivan waiting which takes you directly to your hotel.

Why drag luggage up and down skytrain stairs, wait around Ekamai station for a bus, and when you finally get to the Pattaya bus station the baht busses there will hit you for another B50 to get you to your hotel. At best you might save 50 ? 100B doing the Ekamai thing. That said this is usually how I return to BKK.

And by all means use the safety deposit boxes behind the front desk to store your valuables, and for added security bring along a small lock for the box if you want some added security. ALL of the people who work the desk at Nana have been there for many years and if any were thieves they would have been history long ago. The Nana owners treat their employees as family.

ST

if you use the safety boxes at the Nana they will take 2 photocopies of your passport photo.

they keep one and the other is returned to you and you must show this everytime you want to access the box.

DON'T LOSE THIS COPY.............. :nono:

i couldn't find mine when i checked out and i had a hell of a job getting them to open the safe.

i told them my Passport was inside and also the money that i was going to pay the Bill with.

finally they relented and as usual in these circumstances i found the receipt in a bag when i unpacked after i got home........ :doah:

Archived