Best Sport's Movies

BadaBing

I'm much too lazy to look it up but a Kevin Costner movie in which he is a Detroit Tigers pitcher on his final day and he has a no hitter going. Bada Bing, you should know this one. Great movie and a movie even chicks will like as it has a love story to it.

The other is any Arsenal year end review dvd. hehehehe

What about The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh? Doctor J and a host of other stars. It was a big hit in the hood.

Any Given Sunday is very good. I almost forgot it was an Oliver Stone movie, it was that good. The fight scene between LL Cool J and Jamie Foxx was real and Stone kept it in the movie.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say "Chariots of fire", great film with great music. It was about excellence and reaching your best, more than sport. At the same time, though i did not care for the religious reason, it implied there can be more important things than winning or running.

I'd like to see the movie about the Grenoble Winter Olympics again. It was unlike any other Olympics movie ("Tokyo Olympiads" was good, though), more like a Eric Rohmer movie, Games seen as romantic lore in a specific place at a specific time. the music was so damned sixties instrumental too. Farfisa organ, or Hammond, I dunno, but to me, that's the sound of a sweet night of amorous sex! It does have its effect, when you're 13! It was called "13 days in france", actually.

Belem said:

Looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out. It is about a wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad(starring Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings) moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent underworld of soccer hooliganism which centers around the Millwall/West Ham rivalry.

Hooligans review and trailer

Great! It's good to see 'putting the boot in' finally get some artistic recognition. Perhaps all hooligans can be movie stars now? Maybe get their own TV shows. "Kick Him He's Still Moving"? I can't wait. This could do for hooliganism what rap did for gangs. :)

Archived