Where to go if you do catch an S.T.D. ?

I was wondering where does every body suggest someone go in the unfortunate event of catching an s.t.d. in pattaya. I wear contact lenses and the last time I was in pattaya I caught an eye infection. I went to the clinic on soi post office; the place didnt look to clean but they took care of the problem. If any one would like to share where exactly they go when they catch a bug in pattaya,any info would be appreciated.

I think some of the best medical staff can be found at the hospital, try the Pattaya Memorial.

The problem, as I understand it, with the clinics is that the 'doctor' may in fact have been an understudy at a hospital.

I once had a bout of food poisoning and was impressed with the quality of care I received at the Pattaya Memorial.

If you need top quality advice I think this would be a good starting point. I wouldn't be embarrased, I'm sure the staff there have seen most things at least once before.

I'm sure there are some good clinics, but I don't know of any to recommend and after reading an article in the Nation about how common poorly trained staff, sometimes with falsified credentials, are in clinics I'd be hesitant to try them.

There is also Pattaya International Hopspital in north pattaya, which I've been to a couple times (flu, intestinal problem) and I was happy with. They are used to treating farang and are more expensive than Memorial, but they were very professional and everybody spoke good english. I've been to Memorial too, and they seemed professional well-equipped too, but I can't comment on how much they differ on quality care for STDs.

Who knows, maybe the right clinic would be the place to go since they probably deal with stds everyday.

I would say go to the Bangkok Pattaya hospital on Sukhumvit highway just outside Pattaya. I've been there for an eye infection recently and it was very modern and with first class service. Just a couple of minutes in a cab (although I got a lift so not sure of the exact amount)and not expensive.

Cheers Simie.

quote:

A front page article in The Nation recently reported that a large numeber of the doctors in clinics are not REAL traiend doctors at all

Well this happened to me back in 1993, but I’m going off-topic as I do not in particular refer to STD.

It was the day before Christmas and we were spending the time with friends somewhere in the upper North East. My baby boy was sick and since it was in the late afternoon, My wife and I we went to the nearest/best clinic we could find in town. This so-called doctor did his diagnostics on the child and I start feeling uncomfortable with this and was asking him on the medicines and soon. This “doctor” was getting upset for no reason, so I told him that he was bull shitting and I walked off mad.gif" border="0 from this clinic. We drove for the next 4 hours to see a real doctor.

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

A front page article in The Nation recently reported that a large numeber of the doctors in clinics are not REAL traiend doctors at all... With this in mind, it would make sense to go to a hospital where you get to see a real, trained doctor.

Stick

Did article mention dentists? I suppose it would be harder to fake being a dentist, but TIT.

Archived