FAVOURITE FILM/MOVIE Actor male: deceased

Shit-Spattered Dog

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Mr Jack Lemmon, :bow: as the original poster suggested. Much and sadly missed. :rip: I watched "Days of Wine and Roses" last night (astonishingly good 1962 movie, though rather simplistic due to its time, about a bloke and his wife's descent into alcoholism: Jack was Oscar nominated), and his performance blew my socks off. It's a magnificent film: recommended. :up:

And he should surely have got a supporting actor Oscar for his role in Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) too. Breathtaking stuff, one of my all-time favourite flicks.

(And neither of those movies are comedies, though Mr Lemmon's usually thought of as a one-trick-pony comedy clown. :nono:)

My vote for that great man. Good first name, too. ::

jack :help:

PS.

Shit-Spattered Dog said:I miss the late Jack Lemmon the most...He got older in his last parts, however..

Sadly, that happens to us all, mate. :beer:

The pressure cooker sales atmosphere in Glengarry Glen Ross pretty much reflects where I work. No wonder I go to LOS once a year for 40 days to recharge. :worship:

My favorite(deceased)actor is Steve McQueen, the coolest man to have ever acted. Tragically, he was taken away from us at just 50 and died of Lung cancer.

Fiery Jack said:

Definitely Mr Jack Lemmon, :bow: as the original poster suggested. Much and sadly missed. :rip: I watched "Days of Wine and Roses" last night (astonishingly good 1962 movie, though rather simplistic due to its time, about a bloke and his wife's descent into alcoholism: Jack was Oscar nominated), and his performance blew my socks off. It's a magnificent film: recommended. :up:

And he should surely have got a supporting actor Oscar for his role in Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) too. Breathtaking stuff, one of my all-time favourite flicks.

(And neither of those movies are comedies, though Mr Lemmon's usually thought of as a one-trick-pony comedy clown. :nono:)

My vote for that great man. Good first name, too. ::

jack :help:

Jack Klugman, who later played Oscar Madison in the TV version of the Odd Couple, also played along side Jack in Days of Wine and Roses.

Quite odd to see Jack in Glengarry Glen Ross begging on his knees for help and compassion we watched him as he was trying to scam the new leads from the office manager. Very humbling to see him play that role.

Shit.

I did love Glengarry Glen Ross. Probably the best "salesguy" movie ever. And Alex Baldwin was most excellent as the slimy sales manager. In fact, everyone was most excellent in that movie!

I leave you with a quote from Pacino's character (oddly, I think he was the weakest performance in the movie):

Ricky Roma: All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheated on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, then be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me.

Cheers,

SD

Archived