Average cost of university studies in Thailand?

drogon

Seems to be a ncie and sweet girl eager to discover some pleasures.

::

Will be interesting if she starts to learn french and maybe she could become your regular lady.......Seems you like her a lot.

About feminism, I positively hate occidental feminists.

(one recently told me that she wanted total equality between men and women and I asked her if she wanted a penis too......)

Though it seems that thailand "feminism" is all right for me.

Nice to hear some news from you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting posts here but non really answer the ? Our son is still to young for this to matter but I would still be interested to know.I will ask my niece she is in a Uni in Korat.To study in a western country would be much more then in Thailand.On a fixed income I do not belive that I could afford it.This I am sure of.Like I would really know :o

You'd need an international programme in English. The Thai language programmes are cheaper, naturally enough. But even so higher education is much cheaper here than in the west.

The BBA programme at Thammasat is 350,000 baht for the entire 3 1/2 to 4 years! Mahidol's programme is similar, but I think Chula's BBA is considerably more.

There are 1 year certificate programmes that are quite reasonable.

Whoa! Figures, being Chula. Divide that by 4 for Thammasat.

The BBA programmes started here after the '97 crash, when families could no longer afford send their children abroad to study.

Most of these programmes get the students from the international secondary schools -- ISB, Ruamrudee etc -- where the kids written Thai probably is not good enough to pass the uni entrance exams in Thai. I've only met one international school grad studying in a Thai language programme. She told me she took a year off just to study intensive Thai to be able to do so!

I taught the Thammasat BBA students several times -- good kids and fun to teach, really bright. There were a few Koreans, Singaporeans and Japanese. Only Farangs I saw were on one year exchanges from their western universities. Thammasat is the oldest BBA programme in English. Chula just started a few years ago -- and naturally began by charging twice as much.

Best value would probably come from some of the joint university programmes. The Twinnings engineering programme at Thammasat has students study 2 years in Thailand and then 2 years in the UK (Nottingham, I think). The grads get a BS from both TU and the UK uni. The BBA programme offers one where you study 2 years here and three in Paris (but in English). You graduate with a BBA from both TU and France, plus an MBA from the French uni.

Here's a link for those who want to window shop:

http://www.siamweb.org/content/News-Culture/173/index_eng.php

Archived