French teaching

Any feedback of french language courses in Bangkok? Anyone has experience with l'Alliance francaise?? Other school?

Actually a school where they teach both french and english would be even better as the girl I'm thinking of just speaks thai. English can't hurt, so she can pronounce "freedom fries" properly when she comes over to Paris! :: :grinyes:

Thanks for your helpful input,

Random, soon married ::

hey, it's french fries again (no idea when belgian fries will stand a chance, as the truthful original label), and the congressman who coined the expression is against the war, now.

Alliance francaise is the good bet, as i don't believe you would entrust her to a private tutor, of the type known ubiquitously around Thailand. though there will be a lot of french leeches around AF.

Maybe she is nuthin' to you, anyway.

Here is the link to them.

http://www.alliance-francaise.or.th/

Remember that alliance française is everywhere in the world so I think they have a good practice in French teaching.

In bKK you wil not have a wide choice for French learning.

(I know from a french/thai forum that there are some individuals teaching French in BKK but you will not have any garantee as in AF)

P127, when I start to pay for schooling, I become jealous. Perhaps I should give up the idea indeed.

Was serious about french and english under a same roof, do you have any idea??

Thanks,

Random

i guess Berlitz and Interlingua should cover english and french as they usually claim to cover many languages. have however only limited experience with them here in Bangkok to confirm that.

you can also ask around at smaller schools; many have a list of freelance/part time teacher for several languages outside the front runners English and Thai.

Drogon,

as you were talking about the AF october session in another thread, do you know untill when one can register?? Can the student start an intensive course?

Samak,

Thanks, I might check out those schools as well. Will prolly send that girl somewhere anyway after our next meeting in September if she still behaves fine and is still interested.

Don't know the situation right now, but several of the government universities were offering French language classes on weekends for anyone who cared to sign up. Thammasat U had Saturday classes in English, German, Mandarin, Japanese and French. Not sure what they are offering now. Depends on how much response there was to the classes. Major demand here is for English classes, since it is most useful for finding a job in Bangkok. The courses are quite cheap though -- say 2,000 to 3,000 baht for 45 or 50 hours, with a certificate awarded on completion.

Might be worth checking into.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Since there is no specific answer where to learn French, I would like to venture a suggestion. Depending where she lives, I would check with a Univ., like Thammsart or Chula which have great faculties of French. Find certain professors who are willing to teach (I know it is a long shot), check with the French embassy which has many Thais who speak French wonderfully and ask them about teaching.

A woman I knew, now in France worked for the Embassy for 30 years, used to do some teaching with very low cost for she wanted to help the women who are married to French speaking men. Can there be another woman like that?

Jasmine

Archived