Thank you world!!!!!

Brink15

As The U.S South East suffers from the worst natural disaster in U.S. history it is heart warming that we have received such an overwhelming resonse from world organizations.

What with many hundreds of thousands of now homeless citizens with untold hundreds if not thousands of fatalities and a record $40+ Billion is damage it is so wonderful to see the humanitarian response from our many friends who have received billions of U.S. dollars in recovery aid in the past as well as rescue aid.

..............oh wait...............I'm sorry..........no one has offered shit as of right now................

......well that's not entirely true Der Spiegel has reached out by blaming this enormous loss of life and displacement of families on the U.S. stance on global warming.

Thank you very fucking much. :banghead:

I only wish we would remember this shit the next time mother nature kicks our friends in the balls. :barf:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brink,

are you serious?

International help is for poor countries or small countries with not enough rescources. Offers from other countries or international organisations to help would be regarded as insults by US government.

The normal procedure is if a country needs help it's government will ask for it.

elef

You missed my point entirely.

Typically when a country suffers a disaster of this magnitude fellow nations offer condolences and offer support without having to be solicited for same. In this case not only are the messages of support sorely lacking but the major German news rag comes out immediately to, mistakenly, point the blame for the disaster at the victim's feet. Very classy and oh so heart warming. :skull:

Really - read this again

"What with many hundreds of thousands of now homeless citizens with untold hundreds if not thousands of fatalities and a record $40+ Billion is damage it is so wonderful to see the humanitarian response from our many friends who have received billions of U.S. dollars in recovery aid in the past as well as rescue aid."

I haven't read what Der Spiegel wrote and I'm not interested in the tabloid press at all - but the warnings for effects of global warming are many. Disasters like this will happen often in future.

Guest lazyphil

It would be nice to see a kitty for the people affected by this hurricane. A few Tsunami hit countrys have some serious wealth if the fat twat geeedy cunts at the top cared to share it. I will dontate some money as I did for the Tsunami.

<<would be regarded as insults by US government>>

Not to the people I bet, who gives a monkeys what the Gov feels!!!!!!!!

US media demonstrates its arrogance/ignorance once again by calling the hurricane "Amwerica's Tsunami".

Yeah, there's damage. Yeah, some people will need assistance.

But, there's insurance and social welfare programs. There aren't going to be nameless ophan children languishing for weeks at care centers, months of horrific scenes of bodies being found, entire communities having to be rebuilt because there is NOTHING left.

80 dead? 100? 1000? Compared to what- 250,000?

Oh, woe is the US. Pity.

BTW, I feel sorry for the victims of loss, but not for the whiners. And, to liken this to the Asian tsunami would be as stupid as comparing, say, the action in Iraq to the allies fight against the Axis in WWII.

Oh wait- Bush just said that today.

Fuckwads

Hi again,

I've read what Der Spiegel have on their website and I don't find what you reported Brink - do you have a link? Actually their reports on Katrina are very correct and balanced - that's far from normal!

The closest to your report I can find is a link to New York Times web page

Guest lazyphil

WTF, I'm, talking of individual suffering not a body count, of course its not on a par in terms of numbers as in Asian Tsunami. This is about the gesture that people can care about Americans even if the world despises the government. Why the self loathing, you're a yank right?

Don't really care what the " outside " world cares or thinks about this. It's " our " problem and we will deal with it. I for one hate sending my ass-working tax dollars to outside countries who have nothing but a middle finger to say thank you with. F them and their problems ... gonna cost me $3 fucks a gallon for gas this weekend , all foreign donations are gladly accepted.... :cover:

Bada :( Bing

just a few thoughts and nothing directed against any of the above Posters.

America is a rich country,Yes?

but how much is their National Debt these Days? and like other Countries how do they pay it off..........if ever?.

i hear it costs X amount of $ a Day to have their troops in Iraq.

i have seen figures for the cleaning up after Katrina will be the highest ever,anything from 10-25 Billion Dollars.

and of course the Government are still paying for States that have been damaged in previous Years.

the price of Petrol is rising and will it rise higher now that some of the Refineries in the Gulf have been damaged so badly?

America has a large Population but how many of those People pay Taxes or Taxes which have an effect on the normal Economy?.

just where will the Money come from to pay for all this?.

Archived