Thank you world!!!!!

Brink15

Guest lazyphil

Brink, dont they have graves above the ground in NO?...aswell as corpses floating around from the hurricane bodys might escape from these graves?.....the pictures i'm seeing are terrible, alot of poor will suffer, will insurance cover them if in fact they have any, welfare enough, build them a new house, buy new car. I dont things will be in great shape in 6 months...1 year maybe. I heard some blathering shite hawk on a local radio station say Americans asked for it for polluting the world, wanker, cheap shot at this time. I doubt very much those who were left behind i.e. unable to get out of the danger zone have boarded jet aeroplanes that belch out tons of pollutents :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely no one is gloating. If Katrina serves as a wake-up call, however, to a country consuming 25% of the world's energy, which believes SUV's are good and wetlands are bad, and led by an administration brandishing global warming as "eco-terrorism" (the words of Gov. Barbor of a devestated Mississippi in spearheading the derailing of the Kyoto Protocol), in favoring politics and profits over science, and squandering billions of dollars daily in misguided adventures abroad while neglecting to cultivate our own garden, then she can be a good thing, despite the gains today in the portfolios of Bush/Cheney.

Guest lazyphil

<<then she can be a good thing>>

Not if you just lost your house or mother for example. I hear you but lets have an agreement. Anyone is flys half way around the world in a Boeing 747 or other to LOS and demand A/C and other western 'essentials' is as much to blame, most of us here lol. I dont think the dirt poor black hill billy I saw interviewed broken hearted has ever felt the need or had the ability to do the above. I bet he leads a simple bumpkin lifestyle unlike some of the jet seters here you thrive of the adrenalin rush of global tourism.

Guest lazyphil

<<You missed my point entirely.>>

Shame isn't it :(....putting aside politics, lets hope people rally around for the desperate like we do for others in dire straits like this. Lets talk about global warming when the clkear up is over :up:....oh and hurricanes happened LONG before oil was discovered, oddly enough..........

sfinkz said:

Surely no one is gloating. If Katrina serves as a wake-up call, however, to a country consuming 25% of the world's energy, which believes SUV's are good and wetlands are bad, and led by an administration brandishing global warming as "eco-terrorism" (the words of Gov. Barbor of a devestated Mississippi in spearheading the derailing of the Kyoto Protocol), in favoring politics and profits over science, and squandering billions of dollars daily in misguided adventures abroad while neglecting to cultivate our own garden, then she can be a good thing, despite the gains today in the portfolios of Bush/Cheney.

Thanks for your post.

Good to see people like you to still have common sense.

My heart also goes out to all people who were killed and to all who lost all due to Katrina and bad or lack of organisation.

BB

Brink15 said:

<<snip>>..............oh wait...............I'm sorry..........no one has offered shit as of right now................<<snip>>

My dear Brinky, there have been offers of help, but the Shrub, the cowboy that he is, is refusing all offers of help! Even though they have not a pot to piss in, Jamaica tried to help. So did Canada, Germany and Venuzeula. But they were rebuffed too.

Why should anyone else offer if they are just going to be rebuked?

Sad state of affairs -- incompetent, arrogant leadership!

Regards,

SD

Perhaps I am not as eloquent in words as some of you may be, But the tsunami that hit Phucket and the tidal surge that hit Biloxi, Gulfport Missippi, they are both in the close proxsimity of 35 FEET. It is terrible when the loss of life, sometimes innocent life reaches into the thousands. The US has many friends and others are friendly only when they want American DOLLARS to line their pockets. I lost contact with several close friends in the "American Tsunami" All good people, One was a retired General from the USAF. All of these people will be missed and someone somewhere loved and cared for them. Most of these people were POOR working class or retired people that have worked all of their live and like a wore out piece of equipment are left to "rust away" or in this case die! If you look at the devastation of Biloxi or Gulfport and you cannot see the similarity, then open your eyes and be objective.

If any of you have relatives or friends that live in this area of devastation, I will be more than glad to try to find out their status. I'm in the Panhandle of Florida and frequent Biloxi, Gulfport, and Mobile frequently.

Archived