problem getting drivers license

thalenoi

expat said:

For that office, proof of residency can be a letter from immigration, which as far as I remember costs 200 baht at the Pattaya immigration office, and that is a lot cheaper than the notary fee at the US embassy. I had to get one when I moved down here.

Hope this helps someone.

I got a form filled in by Phuket immigration stating "receipt of notification" and mentionning my Chumpon adress. This form was refused by local Chumpon land office. I was told to get a certificate from my embassy who refuses to give me one. Maybe I should have gone to Phuket land office from Phuket immigration...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thalenoi,

There appear to be three ways you can provide the necessary residency documentation:

A. Tea money

Is this option still available?

B. Documentation from your embassy.

If your home country is the U.S., then you can just sign a notarized afadiavit (that the Embassy will supply.) May be different for other countries.

C Documentation from Thai immigration/police.

As mentioned earlier, a friend got a form from immigration that was verified and signed by the police. You may be giving them the wrong form. Is it possible that you need to visit the immigration office in Bangkok to get the right form?

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived