Wrist Watch

unit731

I notice two types of fake R*ll*x wrist watches out there. One cheaper battery operated and one mechanical wind.

How are these watches holding up? What is the going street price?

And . . . as a "status" symbol, what "brand" is the most wanted?

Hi!

Although Straycat is not far off the mark he is not entirely correct. The cheap ones are mostly crap. If you by a cheap one make sure it has no gold on it because the gold will wear off in a couple of months. On the other hand I bought a steel Omega some years ago and it turned out to be nickel plate brass so nothing is sure when it comes to copies. There are better copies and also more expesive out there. A salseman toöd me last year that while the gold on cheap copies last only a couple of months the expensive ones will last at least three years with everyday use. There are places at MBK that sell good copies and also places on the street but I can't tell you where as I haven't bought watches for some time. As a side note I bought a battery operated copy on my second trip in 1989 and it keeps the time much better than a real mechanical Rolex even though it looks real shabby.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived